about to go in a a new build / living wall

I just plan my new enclosure to where she sleeps at present her route to basking how she gets/picks up water on her way feeding area and keep her basics in the same place ( with some added mentally stimulation along her way)

New cage is set up and now iv let it sit around long enough to bother me ... The old cage !!! Tearing it all apart I'm so excited to have a dedicated outdoor enclosure for the summer !!! I'm going to try to save this poor pothos it's almost 6 ft on its longest vine. It just took over the old enclosure.

Attachments

• PXL_20210331_183820864.jpg
    PXL_20210331_183820864.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 138
Hi to all.

I just finished setting up a new chameleon cage in my home, and I'm excited about how it turned out! I used various artificial plants to decorate the enclosure, creating a lush and vibrant environment for my chameleon. The fake greenery makes the cage look fantastic and much easier to arrange and maintain than real plants.

However, I'm wondering if this setup is safe for my chameleon. Do I need to switch to natural plants to ensure his health and well-being, or are artificial plants okay to use long-term? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi to all.

I just finished setting up a new chameleon cage in my home, and I'm excited about how it turned out! I used various artificial plants to decorate the enclosure, creating a lush and vibrant environment for my chameleon. The fake greenery makes the cage look fantastic and much easier to arrange and maintain than real plants.

However, I'm wondering if this setup is safe for my chameleon. Do I need to switch to natural plants to ensure his health and well-being, or are artificial plants okay to use long-term? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Hi and welcome to the forum! You do need live plants in a chameleon cage. Especially for a veiled chameleon as they are well known for eating their plants and if they ate a hard plastic leaf they could get impacted. You can use the fake plants and put them on the outside of your enclosure to provide more coverage. I suggest making your own thread and have us do a husbandry review before you get a chameleon. 😁

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I guess I’ll have to reconsider my plan to fill the cage with plastic artificial plants from the store. I wouldn't want my future chameleon to think it’s on a no-carb diet! Rest assured, my little guy will get fresh plants every day and everything else he needs to stay safe and happy. I'll definitely start a new thread for a husbandry review. Better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to the little guy's leafy snacks!🌿:)

Back
Top Bottom