all new

reptile biker

right im getting a yemen cham what lights do i need also what is the best idea for water should it be in a dish and ive heard that people have mist making machines do i need one . im in the uk and gather that a lot on here are from across the pond so i assume that over here there are different things needed to care for the cham .

probably silly questions but i want to make sure i have the right enviroment etc for my cham cheers in advance

you need a basking bulb for heat and a linear bulb reptisun/reptiglo 5.0 uvb recommended !
you can hand mist his enclosure and install a dripper in his cage

he does not need a night bulb , or night heating source unless temperature drops too low in your house .
for babies 80-82 deg F. juviniles at 82-85 F at basking spot
3-5 mistings per day
he should eat 10-15 feeder per day ,gutloaded properly and variated bugs(roaches,worms,crickets etc )
suplements :dust the feeder with :calcium with d3 -twice per month, multivitamins - twice per month, plain calciu every day or use repashy calcium plus dusted for every feeder veryday -nothing else is required if you use repashy calcium plus
adults need a 2ftx2ftx4ft cage screen mesh for good air flow ,and smaller ones for babies/juvies - so change it if you have glass terrarium,no substrate required
at night you need 10-15 degree temp drop and no lights.
you need a hood fixture to fit the uvb bulb and a lamp for basking bulb( ceramic recommend )
you need a uvb bulb too ,linear 5.0 uvb repiglo/reptisun is recommended and a basking bulb 40w for juvies and 60-75w wats for adults but depends of what mesuarements of heat you get and how large is the cage

Also going to add, if you want to get an automatic mister get a mistking, they are great and that will give you humidity which should be at least 60% at the lowest as well as the drinking water. They drink off leaf droplets.

thanks very much ill be reading all the info that you guys have given me and then will be going and getting the equipment and then my cham . who will be called tino

Many congratulations :). As you've probably gathered they're not the easiest pet to look after, but they're so worth it! My girlfriend's had hers for 4 short weeks and we're both totally hooked!

Back
Top Bottom