Almost have everything

Chamcham87

So I have everything lined up down to where I am getting fake plants. I wanted to get chameleon now but since I am going on vacation second week of August I decided to wait until after. I plan on setting up cage before then so I can get temps and humidity inline. I will be going to the reptile expo in white plains by for any last minute stuff. But now I need to figure out where I will be getting the ambilobe Cham. There's another expo I September but I'm nervous to buy from a random vendor but also nervous about shipping and not seeing the Cham before. Any suggestions on breeders in ny?

I dont know any in NY but there are plenty of others who are great. i got my guy from lllreptile but only because i couldnt get ahold of the owner of flchams at the time. does it have to be from NY?

Expos are great. You can talk face to face with the breeders and get a good gauge on them as well as pick out the Cham yourself. You can always look them up on your phone before you make a purchase and check out reviews, Social media, etc. to see if they are active and accessible to their customers. Ambilobes are pretty popular so there may be several vendors with them to choose from. I would just recommend to pick a breeder that specializes in chameleons or even panthers specifically rather than a vendor that's selling a bunch of different reptiles. Good luck!

Expos are great, but you have to be very sure to get every bit of information about the breeder and the cham itself. Emails, phone numbers, lineage, guarantees, everything.

I've been to the White Plains Expo a few times now and there are a few reputable chameleon breeders there. There was a really nice female panther there last year who was the sweetest thing (big too) that I wanted but didn't have the money for at the time. Plus over the past couple of years there have been more chameleon breeders going there. I'd say go and pick it up in person, but also talk to the breeder and ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom