Alphys and her enclosure

ragidi

Almost two weeks ago, I posted this thread introducing Alphys, my female Veiled.
Many asked for photos of her enclosure, so here you go!

20160122_181907.jpg

20160122_181919.jpg

I know it lacks many things (proper UVB lighting, a screen roof, and other things), but I'm still working on it so hopefully I'll finish it soon.
Any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated :D

20160122_181914.jpg

I love her so much. Isn't she adorable?

Edit: I took the picture at night time, that's why she's sleeping :D

Last edited:
:notworthy:
Almost two weeks ago, I posted this thread introducing Alphys, my female Veiled.
Many asked for photos of her enclosure, so here you go!

I know it lacks many things (proper UVB lighting, a screen roof, and other things), but I'm still working on it so hopefully I'll finish it soon.
Any advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated :D

I love her so much. Isn't she adorable?

You haven't posted a photo aha

Was that picture taken when she was sleeping? If so, I'm not so worried. Her eyes should not be closed during the day and they look sunken in which is a sign of dehydration. It might just be the picture, but until proven otherwise I would consider her still dehydrated.

I have a suggestion for a cage. Get a roll of welded wire and make a circular cage. I'll write more to you later but I am late for an appointment at the moment. In the mean time, mist her like crazy.

Was that picture taken when she was sleeping? If so, I'm not so worried. Her eyes should not be closed during the day and they look sunken in which is a sign of dehydration. It might just be the picture, but until proven otherwise I would consider her still dehydrated.

I have a suggestion for a cage. Get a roll of welded wire and make a circular cage. I'll write more to you later but I am late for an appointment at the moment. In the mean time, mist her like crazy.
Yes, I just took the photo (it's night time here). I'm currently misting her 2-3 times a day.
Also, you're a genius! I didn't think of making a circular cage! I was thinking about the roof too much I guess.
It's alright, take your time! I'll be sure to mist her more :D

I just did :D I posted this from my mobile so it took a while.
She's so cute!

My first comment would be its quite small housing to keep her in, and although she has lovely live plants she has no where to go for privacy...

She's needs UV lights and basking lights asap...without this will lead to serious health problems, to be honest I'm surprised she has a nice light green colour.

My advice would be to get a bigger vivarium mesh or glass either are, just ensure the glass viv has proper ventilation. Safe live plants are great the odd nibble and to keep the humidity but she needs more vines (different widths to help build strength when climbing) and plastic or real plants for privacy...

Il post a photo of mine to give you a rough idea, I'm not saying mine perfect by any means but you'll see the difference. Don't judge it too harshly it was random photo of my phone as I'm not home..

Please don't see this as a bossy message but your cham wont be happy or perhaps alive for long its current husbandry conditions.

Hope that helps

Attachments

• Viv.JPG
    Viv.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
She's so cute!

My first comment would be its quite small housing to keep her in, and although she has lovely live plants she has no where to go for privacy...

She's needs UV lights and basking lights asap...without this will lead to serious health problems, to be honest I'm surprised she has a nice light green colour.

My advice would be to get a bigger vivarium mesh or glass either are, just ensure the glass viv has proper ventilation. Safe live plants are great the odd nibble and to keep the humidity but she needs more vines (different widths to help build strength when climbing) and plastic or real plants for privacy...

Il post a photo of mine to give you a rough idea, I'm not saying mine perfect by any means but you'll see the difference. Don't judge it too harshly it was random photo of my phone as I'm not home..

Please don't see this as a bossy message but your cham wont be happy or perhaps alive for long its current husbandry conditions.

Hope that helps
It's alright, I really appreciate your advice!
I already got a UVB bulb, I'm just looking for a lamp that will fit. I got lots of pothos and schefflera arboricola too, I'm in the process of cleaning them and putting them in.
Her enclosure is next to a window. That window lets in the morning, noon, and afternoon sun (8 am to 3:30-ish pm), so I always keep it open (a screen is covering the window so no worries) during the day.
Your enclosure looks awesome! Your cham looks pretty, too! (seems like he/she is camera shy :p )

Yes your enclosure is way less than ideal. Listen to jajeanpierre she will help you get it all straightened out.

Back
Top Bottom