Anybody out there in Colorado?

altitude

Just saw the South Bay Keepers gathering post and I'm very jealous...just wondering if there's anybody else in Colorado on the Forum?

And while I'm at it, I'd be willing to wager that I'm the keeper at the highest elevation in the states...8,550 feet above sea level...talk about a humidity challenge!

Just saw the South Bay Keepers gathering post and I'm very jealous...just wondering if there's anybody else in Colorado on the Forum?

And while I'm at it, I'd be willing to wager that I'm the keeper at the highest elevation in the states...8,550 feet above sea level...talk about a humidity challenge!
Dang, that's way on up there :D

A few months.? Jealous. My family is out there, so after high school and possibly college I'll be joining them all. Where in Colorado.?

So you think you the highest person on the board?
:p

I'm in the Westminster area, so not quite as high as altitude. How do you manage the humidity? Just shorter, more frequent mistings?

Greetings!

Hello! I live in Denver... Just got my first cham from Bruce at Chameleon Paridise about a week ago. I have no issues really with humidity.. I run a small humidifier in my room and have my mistking on 5 times a day for 2 mins. I would believe that being higher up in the montian range it could be an issue.. i currently stay in the range of 60 and 70%... my mental elevation is way higher! lol:D

Hello! I live in Denver... Just got my first cham from Bruce at Chameleon Paridise about a week ago. I have no issues really with humidity.. I run a small humidifier in my room and have my mistking on 5 times a day for 2 mins. I would believe that being higher up in the montian range it could be an issue.. i currently stay in the range of 60 and 70%... my mental elevation is way higher! lol:D

Show him off I have one of Bruce's chams too!!
Sorry didn't mean to derail :p

Out in Denver myself. Although I am just now getting back into the Chameleon game, in the past, humidity wasn't too bad with a humidifier for the room with a few mistings throughout the day of course. :)

Nice to see so many people in Colorado!

Colorado Keepers Round-up! Yee-haw. I am not technically a chameleon keeper...yet(my girl arrives on Wednesday). It would be fun to get together. It seems like we are all spread out though.

Well, for me I've got a typical screen enclosure but have covered two sides with plexi. That made a big difference. I mist heavily 2-3 times daily, have an auto mister, a repti fogger, and a big humidifier....that all seems to work.

Oh, and I have a lot of live plants in the enclosure too. It's a little jungle of sorts.

Glad to see there are some other keepers active in the colorful state!

What are you folks keeping? Carpets here.

Well, for me I've got a typical screen enclosure but have covered two sides with plexi. That made a big difference. I mist heavily 2-3 times daily, have an auto mister, a repti fogger, and a big humidifier....that all seems to work.

Oh, and I have a lot of live plants in the enclosure too. It's a little jungle of sorts.

Glad to see there are some other keepers active in the colorful state!

What are you folks keeping? Carpets here.

I kepts Veiled and Peacock's for years and took a break for about 4 years.
Decided this time to start up with some Jackson's as they always somewhat interested me and easier to get as CB's. Almost went with Carpets because I like their size and of course how can you not like their color :). Loving my little Jackson Female though, a little shy and working with her on the drinking thing as she adjusts, but loving her!

Back
Top Bottom