Anyone else's Chameleon sleep with their tongue out a little?

Yearby90

image.jpeg
Hello! I have a 6 month old panther Chameleon and he's been sleeping with the tip of his tongue out. I just had him at an exotic vet on Tuesday and the vet said he looks healthy and didn't see any problems with his tongue. Any info or help on why he does this?

He's been eating and drinking fine and still uses his tongue to eat. He doesn't always have his tongue out like this.

it an instant opening to bacteria and incorrect moisture levels in the mouth..i dunno if this guy will make it prompt action needs to be taken here imho..prob need 24 hour care and monitoring. And all the while hes eating and drinking?

I think he is trying to do "psssst" look,my cham only stick out their whole tongue out when there feeders around them

This was taken earlier today but like I said it's usually when he's sleeping his tongue is like that.
image.jpeg

is that some puffiness under his forward chin area cant tell..like these recent pic his mouth look cracked open in the tip area is that a locked postion of the mouth or is he doing that

@ Yearby90 plz dont be sorry,its like "hey over here look at me" type of thing,so he is being cute trying to stick his tongue out tiny little bit:)

it an instant opening to bacteria and incorrect moisture levels in the mouth..i dunno if this guy will make it prompt action needs to be taken here imho..prob need 24 hour care and monitoring. And all the while hes eating and drinking?
Like I said he was just at the vet and the doc said he doesn't see any infections or anything wrong in his mouth. He eats crickets and waxworms straight from my hand and as he hunts them down around his cage. He drinks right from my spray bottle too.

ok but if you can id like to see how the mouth closes in the front like a close up of the front of the mouth if you can

Back
Top Bottom