anyone ever showered with their chameleons?

Just curious since there are so many random threads out there.
beware of the random threads, there seem to be a lot of very literal people out there...

anyways... i did shower with my cham a few times a long time ago not long after i got him, he kept getting these hard film things over his eyes and the humidity and water(not directly on him) softened the film up enough where he could blink it off...

:D HAHA......I have like a big ledge on the back of my bathtub..........So I put a small gardenia on it and ran a bendy vine up to the towel holder! I thought he loved the humidty. He kept moving his hed into it;)

It would be okay if you didn't wash his scalp and shed with head 'n shoulders.

just beware of the effect of a good warm humid rain (aka shower).... at least in my experience they will try and drop you a nice poo (or fecal for those who dont like the word poo...lol) right when you least expect it

I was thinking a shower with the chameleon on your shoulder. I wouldn't think him or your skin would enjoy that! I like the plant and ledge idea, though, codiwatkins.

just beware of the effect of a good warm humid rain (aka shower).... at least in my experience they will try and drop you a nice poo (or fecal for those who dont like the word poo...lol) right when you least expect it

Been there done that. I always had a tshirt on so he had a place to sit. It was the only way I could get that silly cham to stay in the shower. And he dropped a bomb on me more than once. I would still be happy to do more showers with Lucky just to have him back again. I didn't really mind taking my shower after he went back to his cage. Only male veiled I have ever had that was that friendly. I cried for several days when the vet put him down.

Been there done that. I always had a tshirt on so he had a place to sit. It was the only way I could get that silly cham to stay in the shower. And he dropped a bomb on me more than once. I would still be happy to do more showers with Lucky just to have him back again. I didn't really mind taking my shower after he went back to his cage. Only male veiled I have ever had that was that friendly. I cried for several days when the vet put him down.

Aww! Laurie, its great to have a friendly cham - I know I'll be just the same when something happens to my Lily. All the same, I think I'll pass on taking a shower with my cham, as much as I love her! Those nails are way too sharp! :D She tends to climb up my front rather than my arm, lol! I don't fancy a vice like pincer grip on certain parts of my body! ;)

Aww! Laurie, its great to have a friendly cham - I know I'll be just the same when something happens to my Lily. All the same, I think I'll pass on taking a shower with my cham, as much as I love her! Those nails are way too sharp! :D She tends to climb up my front rather than my arm, lol! I don't fancy a vice like pincer grip on certain parts of my body! ;)

I love your posts and you humor. No worries, if Lucky moved from my sholder he went to my head, he loved my hair. He was also nice enough to drop a couple of bombs on my head!!!

I can understand a romantic shower every now and then, but when poo comes into the situation................. you have some freaky s&m chameleons.

I love your posts and you humor. No worries, if Lucky moved from my sholder he went to my head, he loved my hair. He was also nice enough to drop a couple of bombs on my head!!!

Eww! That's gross! I still think we need a vomiting icon on here!! Lily has never dropped one when she's been out of her enclosure, thankfully!! She's a once a week girl - I wouldn't want that on me or the carpet, lol! ;)

Speaking of vomit.. i almost did it when I saw this pic of my friend.

Its a 26 years old female nosy be panther chameleon!
aw2.jpg

annie.jpg

I think a few peoples here need to go to special doctors...
they are reptils don't humanise them ! btw: it stresses them

Mr ester didnt seemed to be stressed AT ALL. He was not directly in my shower or on me. He was on the ledge in a plant and he walked around his plant and actually would move to where to steam and water was all around him. He didnt puff up or turn the orangy-red he gets when he is upset the whole time I was showering. After the shower u big huge piece of shed came right off his stomach too....:p

Back
Top Bottom