Are these colours normal?

lizard120371

Karma my male veiled chameleon is just over a year old now. I have attached a picture taken a few days ago. He is eating and drinking well and has normal poop (black and white) now I have resolved the hydration problems. Do the colours get more dull as they become older or is he still seriously unhappy about something? When grumpy he is even darker than this. He looks lovely when he is asleep unlike myself lol. Any advice is welcome, thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSCF1069.jpg
    DSCF1069.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 126
Your veiled looks good. Colors come naturally so it is hard to determine if his color "looks good". He looks healthy. Looks like he is coming away from hydration issues.

Thanks for your advice. He was a lot greener and prettier to be honest six months ago. Don't really care wot colour he is as long as he is not unhappy.

Do you have a scale that you could weigh him? He kind of looks a little thin IMHO it might be the photo. also could be from dehydration recovery just wondering if you noticed that or if its just cause its a dark photo

he's a handsome guy!

Could try weighing him tomorrow on the kitchen scales. It's 23.40 here in the uk and he is asleep.I don't think he is thin, he is eating well. About 8 4th locusts a day, they are quite big. You can only see his ribs when he sucks himself in and and makes himself skinny. Will weigh him tommorrow. How much should a 1 year old weigh?

Well ok Mr Grumpy I won't weigh you! I will put some more of your pics on the forum though, you can't stop me doing that! I am pretty sure he is not too skinny. He has quite a paunch from some angles. Am still worried he's a bit dark. It's hard to keep the humidity up just by spraying, the bottom of his viv keeps flooding and I have to keep bailing it out. Am considering getting a fogger. Maybe this will help?

Attachments

• DSCF1234.jpg
    DSCF1234.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF1226.jpg
    DSCF1226.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom