At what age do VC start getting their adult colors

paladin1369

Hello Everyone,

I have a 3-4 month old male veiled cham and was curious at what age do they start to get their colors.

Ziggy just had his 2nd shed this month (growing so fast) and i only see i slight change in him.

Thanks in advanced for any replys
ajymejeb.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359565760974.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359565760974.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 278
Mine shed yesterday and is around 4-5 months old. He has actually developed more color spots since the shed and also some more pale spots (like the stripe most of them have on the side. They have some spots like that above the stripe) but my guess is that it varies. :\

Feed him a couple extra crickets if he accepts them each day and I guess just let time do the work.

I'm no expert, though.

My boy started showing more and more color by about 5 months. There were some previews prior to this, usually when he was out in the sun, but recently he has a lot more. He is now 6 months and has a lot more than even a few weeks ago.

From the pics id say hes 2.5 3 months top..
Mine is around 6-7 months and just starting to get his stripes and blue spots=))
It really does vary tho cuz ive seen a 4 month old get colors.. some are just late bloomers.

It's true freds colours are quite subdued since I got him.but in the last week or so his bands are really coming through and I reckon I can make out bits of blue showing through

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some nice colors right there. My new male is usually darker or that color green with some sick patterns. But one day he escaped recently and I found him on one of my window plants in the sun with this bright green and colors I never seen. I'm sure it's situational at his age as another possibility

My little guy is nearly 6 months old and his stripes came through about 4 and a half months and last shed he got his blue spots. I love it when he sheds as I like to see what he is going to look like.

it seems to vary from animal to animal. It entirely NORMAL for some to have more colour than others, especially when they are young.
I have a veiled that's 4 months and he's got a lot of adult colour (and significant size) already. Others dont show much colour until closer to 1 year old.

at about 5 weeks old:
full

at 9 weeks:
full

just under 4 monhts old:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Tottally agree. I have babies that are completely different.
I have 2 males that are 3 weeks old and they where born with they're bars and never went away. Those 2 boys have super cool color. Theyre bodies are super teal with their bands being green. I hope their teal colors stick.
All the rest look like basic veiled chameleons but as the weeks go by some have more change then others.

I know everybody loves baby pics but my computer is down and I can't upload through my phone. Sorry.
:(

Back
Top Bottom