Some babies hatching out

9479B34A-7673-48C6-9966-5582E55CFB97-32746-000033890417B7E7.jpg

Too cold...I'd go back in my egg.

734686_4656192401817_2019853300_n.jpg

These are F3 babies.

This is mom.

617539B0-BBD7-4E7D-8E0D-C3F6A4040D1E-32746-00003388D59FEEB5.jpg

Kevin

So... much... cuteness... How many hatched? They are perfect little chameleons, how long did you have to wait for them to hatch out? Congratulations to you and momma chameleon!

Awe so cute!! Congrats on the babies. Wish we had that many hatch at once lol. 4 so far over a week now.

So far 11 from this clutch with more sweating. I generally have babies (carpets) pretty much year round though.

Kevin

I love it when you post your babies. That are so cute and so tiny. I also amazes me how you never seem it lose any. I guess as many years as you have raised them you have them down to an are. How many years have you been raising carpets? Any guess on how many you have produced? Oh well still completely beautiful.

WOW. So I'm new to chameleons which is why I'd like to ask : What in the world do you feed those babies when they are that small?? I assume something like flightless fruit flies? Do you keep them just as you would keep the adults, just in smaller enclosures? I'd be SO scared to raise such tiny delicate things! ADORABLE! and CONGRATS.

WOW. So I'm new to chameleons which is why I'd like to ask : What in the world do you feed those babies when they are that small?? I assume something like flightless fruit flies? Do you keep them just as you would keep the adults, just in smaller enclosures? I'd be SO scared to raise such tiny delicate things! ADORABLE! and CONGRATS.

yes, i think normally babies are fed flightless fruitflies and their enclosures are shorter and wider because they're still learning to climb and will fall a lot and if they fell from high up they risk getting hurt.

@ Laurie-Believe me, I lose some here and there just like everyone else.

@ UV Reptiles-Yep, fruit flies (hydei) and baby crickets. As for BABY enclosures, I've used all kinds of things over the years. Fish tanks, tiny screened cages, small exo-terras, and plastic storage containers. They pretty much all work well and have their own advantages and disadvantages. Most often though I use Rubbermaid Style smaller storage bins. They are just easy. My adults live in Exo-Terra terrariums.

@ Tracey-YOU ALWAYS HAVE DIBS!

Kevin

Kevin, those tiny little babies are adorable. Congrats! The mom is a gorgeous female! You are defiantly the Carpet King around here. :)

Thanks Jann :)

Their mom Rosy is the feistiest one I've had in quite a while. I call her velociraptor. One day while I was showering the chameleons in the downstairs bathroom, I went in to check on chameleons after a while. I couldn't find Rosy. We have textured wall paper in our bathroom, and I heard hissing next to my ear and she was ear level on the side of the wall hissing at my face-haha.

Kevin

Their mom Rosy is the feistiest one I've had in quite a while. I call her velociraptor. One day while I was showering the chameleons in the downstairs bathroom, I went in to check on chameleons after a while. I couldn't find Rosy. We have textured wall paper in our bathroom, and I heard hissing next to my ear and she was ear level on the side of the wall hissing at my face-haha.

Kevin

Rosy sounds like a feisty little mess. :D It's amazing what they can crawl up. I've had a coupe crawl up the china cabinet door, that's almost totally glass except for the wood frame around each 6x8 piece of glass and when Luie was young he climbed the edge of the totally glass shower door and I caught him half way up.:eek:

I went in to check on chameleons after a while. I couldn't find Rosy. We have textured wall paper in our bathroom, and I heard hissing next to my ear and she was ear level on the side of the wall hissing at my face-haha.

Kevin

Yikes, better not get 2 of them like that, nowhere to run!

Back
Top Bottom