Baby Cham sleeping during day ? Help?

I currently am only putting carrots and oranges

They don't seem to be eating them so they have been eating more fruit flies is that ok

Okay I definitely will gut load the crickets , if I switch them to the plastic container when should I put them back in there enclosure

First of all DO NOT bathe your chameleon. If anything there could be a parasitic problem which is only detectable with a vet visit. If your Cham has a parasite you'll be given an antibiotic to administer until its gone. Since you're chams are so very young and they are sleeping during the day, at my house this would warrant a trip to the vet either way.

I hope you take this advice - they are nice looking guys and it would be a shame to lose them!

I'm looking for reptile vet currently in my area , I am worried because these are the first chams I've ever had and want to make sure I'm doing everything perfect , I've talked to my breeder constantly and she keeps saying that they are probably dehydrated

where do you live in Fla? Listen, I would get the babies out in the natural sunlight. Disconnect the lights and carry the cages outside. If they are dehydrated, then yes that can cause them to close their eyes but there are other reasons like parasites that were mentioned. The natural sunlight surely cannot hurt. It is strange they are both doing it. Do you see them drink?

I saw them both drink when I made the dropper today , I'm going to try bringing them outside I just didn't know if I should since they where so young , I live in Port Saint Lucie Florida

I'm just wondering what the outcome of Thai was. My lil guy is 3 months and seems to nap too. Particularly when he's basking. ???

If you've only had them a few days lack of vitamin, D3 and proper gutloading isn't what is causing them to shut their eyes....although all of those things are needed for proper husbandry.

If lowering the temperatures made them more active then that's what I would do. Did you lower the temperature by raising the lights? It's possible the lights could be making them close their eyes depending on what lights you're using...but thee can be other reasons too.

Back
Top Bottom