Baby Jackson has his eyes closed.

Hello just recently one of my baby jacksons has been keeping his eyes closed. He is still walking around every so often but his eyes remain closed. I have been looking at his eyes and they don't seem to have anything in them, also he seems to be looking around but yet no opening of the eyes. I have him in a 20 gallon zoo med terrarium with the door open just so they can hut and eat eaisier inside a zoo med repita breeze screen enclosure. I have a zoo med HO T5 ubv light on top with a drip system and I mist them 3-5 times a day. The humidity stays at a constant 60% goes up to 95% when I mist him. He was eating up until two days ago. Just need some advice if anyone out there can help out. Thanks

I had a similar problem how long have you had him? It could be dehydration if it's both hi eyes that are closed you just have to get him drinking you should have a dripper set up and have it come on for a few hours a day in the same spot so he knows he can go drink when he wants he might just be getting used to his cage if he's new just let him warm up to his new home if he's new and if he doesn't start drinking then you should take him to the vet.

Not opening the eyes is a sign of illness. It can be a number of things and we could only guess. What are the cage temperatures? How old is he?

He's about 3 months old I had them from one of my females. The temps in the cage during the day are 70 to 75 with no heat lamp cause to much heat will stress and kill them. In the night it drops to about 67 in the cage. I have a drip system set up but there so small they usually drink of the leafs. Can you give the little ones pedilite or is it to strong for them at that age??

Back
Top Bottom