Picture10977.jpg

Picture10978.jpg

Picture10979.jpg

Picture10980.jpg

Picture10982.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I love his little buds too, Juli!

Syn, these guys are pretty gnarly as adults:D. They remind me of little army tanks!!

Elisa, these are the best photos yet:eek: I had a little bit of sun for lighting today:D

Linkin, I traded one of the other males to ciafardo4 for a couple captive born "rudis" females he raised:) Besides that I am keeping the rest for breeding. The WC have proven to me to be very hard to acclimate:eek::( It seems the best thing to do is try to get gravid females, hatch the eggs, raise the babies and then start breeding the CH specimen. Needless to say, its a long process.

I'd say that first one is a photo contest winner ;)

I love the depth of field, the fact that his tail is in a great spiral- but only just out of focus- along with the perfect blend of green and purple in the background give it a splendid dreamy atmosphere.

What camera do you use?

Edit: can you help me pronounce their Latin name? that's a new one for me! lol

Fantastic photos! One of those is going to be my new desktop image for a while....gotta decide which one, though. Glad to hear those babies continue to do well!

Thanks again guys!:D

I just use my friends point and shoot:eek: Its nothing special.

Kent, Im glad they are doing well too! The sun was going in the clouds when I was taking the males pic so I didnt get one of the rest, or full sun, although the 4 girls are also doing great! Things are so and so with the WCs. Im hoping for one of the females to lay soon though.

I also moved the little ones from the big deli cups to 6inx6inx1ft cubes. Each have a very small pothos so I cant loose them easily;). We will see how they adjust.

how did you breed them? At what temperature and substrate?
Can you provide a few details please :)
I am breeding between 17-21°C that is about 61 to 69°F

My wild caught adults did acclimate well. Maybe try to adapt the temperature very slowly from what the store had to the optimum. Most stores keep them to warm with too less cool-down at night. So if you provide the optimum climate from the first day, the change is probably too quickly for these animals.

Last edited:
Thanks Long!!!! I hope to be able to offer a few unrelated breeding pairs/groups in a year or so. We will see how that goes though:eek:

MrCus, I think I answered a few of your questions in the PM I sent you. Like I said, I havent actually bred them yet:eek:

I keep adults in 3ft tall 1ft deep and 2ft long cages with no substrate. Most of us in the U.S. dont use substrate. Each has a nice shefflera (umbrella tree) and plenty of biovines to walk around on. Daytime temps are around 77 degrees ambient and around 85 basking spot and night time temps are around 60 degrees or lower. Humidity is between 60 and 80% during day and between 80 and 100 during night. Its still cool where I live so I can use that to my advantage right now but I will need an air conditioning unit in the summer time. I also only let them bask untill mid day. I find they LOVE to bask and will sit there and "cook" themselves.

For the females laying bins I use a big plant pot 12 inches wide and 12 deep. I mix 1/3 sand and 2/3 top soil as a laying medium. I only have experience with 2 laying and 3 others that are gravid right now but this is what I have noticed. Females will pace all over the cage 1 to 2 weeks before they lay eating less and less but still drinking like a fish. Ive found they will scratch the soil but not really dig test pits in this time also. The gestation is a little longer than with panthers and veileds. Approximatly 40 days (adcham.com).

I incubated my eggs between 65 degrees and 75 and they hatched around 9 to 10 months. I have a mini fridge that I am keeping the ones in from this year so I can have more accurate temps and better control over the temps. I plan on keep ing them around 65 degrees the whole time. I read a post from Chris A. where he stated these are good temps to incubate "fischers species" eggs.

If you have any specific questions ask away. Its nice to have another member on board who is working with this species also. I hope you will keep in touch so we can compare notes.

Edit: Thanks for the tips on acclimating. I have gotten mine from 3 different sources. One uses the greenhouse method, one just houses outdoors, and the other I think they house in the stores. Its kind of wierd because it seems the young gravid females have acclimated best for me. Its a shame the first one I recieved this year layed and seemed really healthy but then she dies of an intestinal prolapse. Im really hoping to have success with these CH specimen down the road. It will be a long process though.

Last edited:
Couple females 11 weeks.

Picture11043.jpg

Picture11050.jpg

This female is flat as a pancake!!! Only 5 eggs but very big and very white!!!! She looks a little chubby around her neck area. she is always pissed to see me so I havent been able to get a good look so I am waiting untill tonight.

Picture11041.jpg

Last edited:
Its crazy how in just a couple weeks they can look so much diffrent!! Your pics have inspired me to save for a better camera:D I cant wait until I have little baby chams to take picture of:rolleyes:

It is crazy how fast they grow! These guys are slower than panthers so it seems like they are taking forever to me. I just use my friends point and shoot:eek: Not much work there. Thank you though!

Back
Top Bottom