Baby tav!

I keep adults in 3ft tall 1ft deep and 2ft long cages with no substrate. Most of us in the U.S. dont use substrate.
yep, I know. Seem to work anyway :) - Its always interesting to read how other people successfully keep chameleons.

I also only let them bask untill mid day. I find they LOVE to bask and will sit there and "cook" themselves.
I agree, I have a 60W reflector-spot for heat and they like it.

I incubated my eggs between 65 degrees and 75 and they hatched around 9 to 10 months. I have a mini fridge that I am keeping the ones in from this year so I can have more accurate temps and better control over the temps. I plan on keep ing them around 65 degrees the whole time. I read a post from Chris A. where he stated these are good temps to incubate "fischers species" eggs.
75°F ? for what time period did you get these temps? Your babys hatched successfully and so this would be interesting. I know from 2 ppls where eggs died at these temps.

I hope you will keep in touch so we can compare notes.
of course :)

but then she dies of an intestinal prolapse.
not sure if that is a problem of acclimation.

I just kept the eggs in the coldest room I have in the summer time. It is where the well comes up in the house so there is always cold air comming into the room. I cant say how long they where exposed to the higher temps or if it even got that high:eek:. This is the reason I got a mini fridge so I can keep temps precise for these few clutches I will have. It does say in The Chameleon Handbook says that eggs incubated around 72 hatch out in in 9 months, so I figured a little higher couldnt hurt them too much. The first incubation was a little rough though but I have a better grasp on things si I hope to have better hatch rates.

The prolapse definatly wasnt from poor acclimation. This girl was doing very well and then that happend. Just explaining the kind of luck I have been having with the WCs:(

maybe try a bit less humidity. Taveta-twohorns dont live in dusty wet forests, but in more dry areas (not really dry, but much less humidity than e.g. usambara area)

btw: in some books and papers you can read they hatched after only 4 1/2 month. But everyone I talk to tells the same: 9-10 months.
To me it seems, that boehmei,that was a synonyme until 2006 hatches after 4 1/2 months. Most articles about tavetana show boehmei in fact.

What do you (all here) think?

Back
Top Bottom