Baytril Question

Question on Ceftazidime....is this only by injection?

thanks.

Yes, and since chameleons are easily bruised by injection like you're seeing at the fluid site it's one of the reasons I like baytril since it can be given orally.

I wouldn't use fish oil drops that often because they have a lot of preformed vitamin A, which can be overdosed to toxic levels if you're not careful. You can read up on the controversy on the "supplement confusion" thread...

She's probably still stressed from her adventure yesterday, sometimes it takes them a few days to calm down from an experience like that. I would keep up the showers with her and maybe add a few more than usual so that she is drinking a lot. My chams usually drink for longer than 5 minutes when I put them in there so if she's sill drinking I would leave her in there until she stops on her own.

Thanks. I am attaching a picture of her. I noticed a lump on her head. It's only on the right side and wasn't there before. She just looks like she feels terrible.

I'll discontinue the fish oil drops and the eye drops I used to today. I just pray the antibiotic works.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 147
Here's a picture of her yesterday in the shower before the vet. You can see her eye has a dark circle under it and is sunken in a bit. There's just such a big difference between yesterday and today.

Attachments

• P1090963.JPG
    P1090963.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 122
Back
Top Bottom