Bearded Pygmies

Weekendherper

Hi All! I'm new to Chameleons, but have been keeping snakes for quite some time (mostly Hognose, Cribos, and Green Tree Pythons). I've always wanted a chameleon (who doesn't think they are the coolest reptiles ever!) I've been doing a lot of research online and have been thinking about a Bearded Pygmy. One of the major reasons is the size and type of enclosure I could use. I keep my snakes in a dedicated room, but would keep a chameleon in my (low traffic) office at home. I also like the idea of being able to use one of my exo terra cages as opposed to an all screen cage. Are there any other chameleons that can use this type of enclosure? Pygmies are the only ones I've come across where screen cages are not needed. My main concern is that I've only seen WC adults available online and none that are CBB or even CH. Does anyone know if CBB are normally available?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Pygs are good in the exos...and I would suggest would make a great started chameleon. Some people keep chams with high humidity requirements such as montanes in them, but I wouldn't recommend them!

I know a few people who keep carpet chams (Furcifer lateralis) in exos, so perhaps worth looking into. They are a good starter cham (my first) :) Beautiful, small and quite easy to reproduce their temperature and humidity.

Mine all come from Mike-I have 7 eggs that are a few weeks from hatching. The WC's do really well to so don't hesitate on getting some-they usually lay eggs pretty quick-they hatch in about 60 days so you can "create you own herd"! :)

Back
Top Bottom