Beginner

Okay so one morenthing. I've read on ferretinmyshoe thread that you can use a household incandescent light bulb in place of the basking bulb.

My question is, if I have a live plant in the cage should I use a plant growing bulb in place of the basking bulb? Or is the 26 watt UV going to help the plant?

My basking bulb or incandescents would be 75 watt.

Thanks for being patient!

Okay so one morenthing. I've read on ferretinmyshoe thread that you can use a household incandescent light bulb in place of the basking bulb.

My question is, if I have a live plant in the cage should I use a plant growing bulb in place of the basking bulb? Or is the 26 watt UV going to help the plant?

My basking bulb or incandescents would be 75 watt.

Thanks for being patient!

should be fine i have plants growing with uv and incandescent now. but for my big boy cage i do have a dual light t5 fixture that will have a uvb and a plant bulb in it. anything 6500k in colour will help plants thrive

You need a basking bulb, which most people just use a regular household bulb and then you also need a UVB light which will provide the light needed for plant growth. I have a basking bulb, UVB bulb and plant growth bulb, but you can get away with just basking and uvb

Back
Top Bottom