Best feeder idea I have seen!!!!

Brilliant, im makin one at the week end and utter excited.
I have a couple of bottles different sides already just need meche and glue :)

Great idea! My panther usually eats his worms from my hand. I always worry if I start feeding him in a cup he won't hand feed any more.

i used to handfeed lola, but had issues feeding since November and she's dropped weight to 52 g I had to force feed on a few occasions as reccomended by vet, and she hasn't hand fed since ( I'm not surprised ) however I started a new feed of crickets on Wed and she's eating small amounts so fingers crossed, I'm not worried iv she doesn't handfeed again as long as she's eating :)

someone reccomended makin a feeder for her, I'm really excited about making it!!

These work great! I actually use them for all of my outdoor enclosures in the summer. They are very large fully planted enclosures so having a spot for the crickets to hang out and not just run away works perfectly. If you place a little bit of food in the bottom for the crickets to eat it will help keep them in the feeder as well.

These work great! I actually use them for all of my outdoor enclosures in the summer. They are very large fully planted enclosures so having a spot for the crickets to hang out and not just run away works perfectly. If you place a little bit of food in the bottom for the crickets to eat it will help keep them in the feeder as well.
fabulous thank u!!

can u just ask ir opinion please, some people state u shouldn't feed meal worms ( i dont) but morio worms ok?? morio worms triple the size , I don't no the difference.

fabulous thank u!!

can u just ask ir opinion please, some people state u shouldn't feed meal worms ( i dont) but morio worms ok?? morio worms triple the size , I don't no the difference.

Yes Morio worms, aka Superworms are great feeders. The main difference is that unlike meal worms which don't really eat anything and stay in the fridge until they are fed to the chameleon is these worms can be gutloaded and will provide proper nutrition to the chameleon. Meal worms end up being of little nutritional value and are mostly just a fatty feeder where a gutloaded Superworm is very nutritious and a great healthy feeder.

Yes Morio worms, aka Superworms are great feeders. The main difference is that unlike meal worms which don't really eat anything and stay in the fridge until they are fed to the chameleon is these worms can be gutloaded and will provide proper nutrition to the chameleon. Meal worms end up being of little nutritional value and are mostly just a fatty feeder where a gutloaded Superworm is very nutritious and a great healthy feeder.
sorry if I'm sounding dumb, some people have said morio worms can coarse impaction due to shell is this right or have u got confused from all info im taking in

sorry if I'm sounding dumb, some people have said morio worms can coarse impaction due to shell is this right or have u got confused from all info im taking in
I've heard this before and believe it to be an older myth. Similar too having to cut their heads off as they will chew through their stomach which is completely false but is still a myth that is thrown around.

I've heard this before and believe it to be an older myth. Similar too having to cut their heads off as they will chew through their stomach which is completely false but is still a myth that is thrown around.
oh gosh!! so next question lol morio or Dubai roach??

Both. The more variety you can offer the better.
and is it best to put them all togetheror ortinate the feeders?
I'm sorry for so many questions, but iv only given locusts wax worms couple morio worms and couple of meal worms. iv had her for 7 months and feeding has always been an issue with her, she has always had locusts roaming her viv and after couple weeks never really touched them, I tried wax worms she loves them but gone off them since I had to force feed ( advised by vet) I i only offered couple of morio worms atleast 4 months ago but she struggled to poop so thought that was the issue and never tried again ( she's on lactulose to loosen bowels ( advised by vet) .

iv only started using crickets since wed as suggested by another user in here and she's eating small amounts.

and is it best to put them all togetheror ortinate the feeders?
I'm sorry for so many questions, but iv only given locusts wax worms couple morio worms and couple of meal worms. iv had her for 7 months and feeding has always been an issue with her, she has always had locusts roaming her viv and after couple weeks never really touched them, I tried wax worms she loves them but gone off them since I had to force feed ( advised by vet) I i only offered couple of morio worms atleast 4 months ago but she struggled to poop so thought that was the issue and never tried again ( she's on lactulose to loosen bowels ( advised by vet) .

iv only started using crickets since wed as suggested by another user in here and she's eating small amounts.
I usually alternate between the different feeders

So this is my little feeder I made today, I'm so pleased wih myself!!
How does it look??

Attachments

• 20160214_175045.jpg
    20160214_175045.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 144
Looks great! How does your little one like it? For reference, this is my attempt. Notice the air tubing around the cut corners.

Attachments

• P1010744.JPG
    P1010744.JPG
    241.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Looks great! How does your little one like it?
iv only just put it in, so the test will be tomoz when i put the food in. Bit late to feed her now :)
I'm worried about crickets jumping out, I will put fresh kale in the bott tomoz coated with vits for the crickts and gutload the crickets again tonight before I put them in tomoz.

iv only just put it in, so the test will be tomoz when i put the food in. Bit late to feed her now :)
I'm worried about crickets jumping out, I will put fresh kale in the bott tomoz coated with vits for the crickts and gutload the crickets again tonight before I put them in tomoz.
Sounds good. Let us know how it goes.

ahh I c , yes I could get some of that piping !! I did file the sides to take sharpness away always good idea using that . thanks

Back
Top Bottom