Best Lights

KikoTheCham

Hey guys, I have had lights in my chams cage for a while now and it is time for a change. I was wondering what is the very best basking and UVB lightbulb a I can get is, thanks.

I like arcadia lights - they last longer- I use a standard fixture and the T8 bulbs at this point but am hoping to upgrade as soon as I figure out my cage situation. I have a new large breeder cage coming Friday but I'm still not sure who's moving into it - and what kind of lights will work with my low ceilings

I recommend Arcadia UVB bulbs over any other ones on the market. They will last for at least a year and if you have a meter to confirm the output they could go for 2 years plus.

As for fixtures. If you are upgrading your lights, I vote you go with a double HO T5 fixture with one 6% Arcadia and one 6.5K daylight bulb. That will provide the best lighting for both you chameleon and if you have live plants in your cage. I can send you some pictures of examples between just the single T8 fixture and a double T5. The lighting difference is amazing and you will want the double fixture for sure.

If you already have a T8 fixture and would just like to get an Acradic bulb to replace yours then the link posted above will work. However, I still recommend looking into a T5 fixture over the T8.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or want some pictures.

At first, I was skeptical with arcadia lights from LYR but after changing to it, I really like the arcadias. When you buying a fixture, make sure it has a reflector. Get the T5s they are much better.

Back
Top Bottom