Bit of blood in syringe

CryptKeeper

Established Member
I’m giving my panther cham antibiotic muscle injections 2x a week and they’ve been going pretty good. Today he was a bit more anxious and wiggling around and when I pulled back a bit to make sure I had negative pressure I thought I felt it and didn’t see any blood but after I removed it I noticed the little bit of meds left over were a hint of pink. Anything to be worried about?

Hmm, so the initial aspiration there was no blood? If he was moving more than usual it could have just has some trauma coming out. Just watch for swelling in the area and any odd behavior. I would give that injection site a break if you can.

Yeah he was moving a lot. But not so much with the syringe in I had someone hold his leg but he may have moved I’m not sure. It’s a stressful situation lol

FYI my vet had me put the shot under the skin the the shoulder area. It’s less painful for them. You can ask your vet if that is an option

FYI my vet had me put the shot under the skin the the shoulder area. It’s less painful for them. You can ask your vet if that is an option
Oh interesting. I did one above his elbow on the inside and it’s now sorta black hoping it’s just bruised not permanently like that I was told they could lose their pigmentation from it.

Back
Top Bottom