Tip of tail fell off

So 2-4 insects every 3 days. No more than that. If they are larger then you want to reduce the amount. Say if you are feeding large crickets or dubia then you would not feed 4 insects.
And BSFL he doesn’t seem to like so I’ll stay away from them since he won’t eat them without wax worms.

Back legs? Chameleons lack the loop of Henley and if you inject them in the lower half of the body, the meds will do no good.
Interesting. The vet didn’t tell me that but she did inject in the front arm to show me and said to alternate but didn’t mention not to do in the back legs. I’ll keep it in the front. Can I inject anywhere else? I’ve seen on YouTube people injecting on the side of spine

Interesting. The vet didn’t tell me that but she did inject in the front arm to show me and said to alternate but didn’t mention not to do in the back legs. I’ll keep it in the front. Can I inject anywhere else? I’ve seen on YouTube people injecting on the side of spine
In the back below the spine is ok too…but I prefer alternating arms (front legs). You have to be careful of the lungs too.

Last edited:
In the back below the spine is ok too…but I prefer alternating arms (front legs).
Yeah I’ll do that I don’t wanna accidentally hit a nerve by his spine. I have to do 10 more injections. 2x a week for 6 weeks. He’s had two. He seems to take the shot rather well he squirms a bit but doesn’t seem to notice when I insert the syringe. I have someone else hold him as I do it so it’s easier.

Ok so really the only the he eats of nutrition is crickets. I really hope he’ll eat Dubias again
I love giving mine silkworms. Very nutritious and hydrating too. If you’re up for a challenge, you can hatch them from eggs and let a good number cocoon into moths and make more eggs for you. You’ll need chow mix and patience. :) They take a while to grow to feeder size (few weeks) and then grow like crazy and cocoon before you know it.

I love giving mine silkworms. Very nutritious and hydrating too. If you’re up for a challenge, you can hatch them from eggs and let a good number cocoon into moths and make more eggs for you. You’ll need chow mix and patience. :) They take a while to grow to feeder size (few weeks) and then grow like crazy and cocoon before you know it.
I’ve given him them before he loved them. Then I bought basically hatchlings and they never really grew to feeder size but I didn’t really know what I was doing. I just shred the food they gave me on top of them daily which is what they said to do but they all ended up dying for the most part. The horned worms I have down pat lol if they’re anything like them I’ll make due

Silkworms need to be kept clean and care taken with them. They have almost no immune system, so mold and bacteria can wipe them out easily. Some people almost are sterile in their care of them. I wash my hands well before doing anything with them and frequently clean the little bins I keep them in, often just moving them from a soiled bin to a clean one as needed. I have had mass die offs in the past, but I just don’t give up. I sanitize my little silky bins and try again. :)

Silkworms need to be kept clean and care taken with them. They have almost no immune system, so mold and bacteria can wipe them out easily. Some people almost are sterile in their care of them. I wash my hands well before doing anything with them and frequently clean the little bins I keep them in, often just moving them from a soiled bin to a clean one as needed. I have had mass die offs in the past, but I just don’t give up. I sanitize my little silky bins and try again. :)
Oh wow interesting. Maybe that’s what happened. I had them in a really big bin I had for my roaches and kept it under all my chameleon equipment and kept the dried food in there just kept putting new food on top. Well I now learned. I found some sites having them in stock the shipping prices are crazy haha I was gonna get some eggs bc it’s so much cheaper and my Cham is barely eating right now anyways but maybe I’ll just get some small-medium ones and let them grow a bit hopefully he’ll feel better by the time they’re big and eat them. He hasn’t had them in ages so I’m thinking he will.

I’ll research raising them that would be awesome to have a steady supply of some good feeders at home. The roaches were great those things are immortal haha. I found one in his cage I’d have to say at least 3 months after I got rid of the last of them and it was small still so wasn’t eating and seemed in perfect health haha

Oh wow interesting. Maybe that’s what happened. I had them in a really big bin I had for my roaches and kept it under all my chameleon equipment and kept the dried food in there just kept putting new food on top. Well I now learned. I found some sites having them in stock the shipping prices are crazy haha I was gonna get some eggs bc it’s so much cheaper and my Cham is barely eating right now anyways but maybe I’ll just get some small-medium ones and let them grow a bit hopefully he’ll feel better by the time they’re big and eat them. He hasn’t had them in ages so I’m thinking he will.

I’ll research raising them that would be awesome to have a steady supply of some good feeders at home. The roaches were great those things are immortal haha. I found one in his cage I’d have to say at least 3 months after I got rid of the last of them and it was small still so wasn’t eating and seemed in perfect health haha
If you do start with silky eggs, make sure to get a good amount of chow mix.

And BSFL he doesn’t seem to like so I’ll stay away from them since he won’t eat them without wax worms.
It took forever for my guy to eat BSFL. I had to try many times and now he loves them. If they aren’t moving much, I shake the cup a little and he seems to go after them more.

It took forever for my guy to eat BSFL. I had to try many times and now he loves them. If they aren’t moving much, I shake the cup a little and he seems to go after them more.
I think he just doesn’t like them for some reason bc alone he won’t touch them but I throw in 3 wax worms he goes right for em and grabs up a bunch of BSFL too. I will try again though. And the problem with putting other insects with the BSFL is if he doesn’t eat them right away they eat whatevers in with them easily from inside out it’s pretty gross lol

Back
Top Bottom