blatica dubia

jimcorrigans

Hi Folks

I was hoping you may be able to give me some advice,I was recently given some blatica dubia to breed and I have just noticed that several of them have what appears to be something like an egg sack protruding from their rear end, it sticks out around 4 mm. I understood Dubia Roaches are live bearers.Any idea what it is?

regards

Jim

Hi Folks

I was hoping you may be able to give me some advice,I was recently given some blatica dubia to breed and I have just noticed that several of them have what appears to be something like an egg sack protruding from their rear end, it sticks out around 4 mm. I understood Dubia Roaches are live bearers.Any idea what it is?

regards

Jim

they are drying their eggsac..
later, they will put the sac back in and someday will do this:

ughhh... no offense.. I love Dubia and all.. but, I still cannot get past the idea of them multiplying.. I just wished a stork come in and bring the mother a whole colony of nymphs.. instead of that.. :eek:

Howdy,

You just don't want to find the egg stick broken-off any laying around because there won't be any hatching from that one :(. As Dodolah said, they give live birth.

Same thing with Madagascar Hissers:
IMG_1711.jpg

Wonder if that "Jelly" is any good on a cracker :rolleyes:?
Yummy.jpg

Eww! :eek: Those things really creep me out, lol! Don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to buy any roaches for my chameleon! Yuk!

That video is brilliant and the still photo of Mrs Roach drying her egg sack is breathtaking. Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Kind Regards
Jim

lol i remember i found a female with one of them pink hot dogs poking out of her butt.... i took it out and popped it... just burst right open... how stupid was i??? haha

That video is brilliant and the still photo of Mrs Roach drying her egg sack is breathtaking. Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Kind Regards
Jim

Thanks for your photos, My ones had white egg sacks. do they protrude their egg sacks just the once or do they do it on a regular basis getting darker as time goes by.

Thanks

Jim

empty egg sack

I have just found what looks like an egg sack, does this mean I have lost a batch of babies or does the mum dump the empty egg sack after the babies have left home

Back
Top Bottom