Boiled Water??

Are you boiling it to remove microbes and bacteria? If so, that works, as long as you cool it down (that probably goes without saying) before providing it to your chams.

Do you have well water?

Boiling wont do much to change the "hardness" of the water.

I am not positive if it would remove the chlorine/flouride from treated water.

That's exactly what I use in Simba's MistKing.

Boiling it gets rid of some of the chemicals in the water straight from the tap :)

Boiling it wont remove any chemicals or chlorine, but it will remove microbes and bacteria if that is what you are attempting to get rid of.

Yes it's definitely to remove microbes and bacteria and Its not well water it's just normal tap water..thanks for the replies guys!
One more question..water from my house dehumidifier?? Do you think that's ok? My llogic tells me that it's moisture turned into water..

Oh, I read that boiling it gets rid of the chlorine????

Chlorine is added to tap water to kill off harmful bacteria. Unfortunately, chlorine, even in the relatively small amounts used in tap water, can be unhealthy to consume. One solution to this problem is buying bottled water, but that can get expensive and it isn’t good for the environment. Here are some ways to remove chlorine from water at home.

Boil it. Boiling water before drinking it or cooking with it will remove the chlorine from it. Boil the water for 3-5 minutes. During that time, the chlorine will boil off making the water that is left behind safer for drinking.

Yes it's definitely to remove microbes and bacteria and Its not well water it's just normal tap water..thanks for the replies guys!
One more question..water from my house dehumidifier?? Do you think that's ok? My llogic tells me that it's moisture turned into water..

No, dehumidifier water has dust particles in it and other impurities from the air. I too use boiled water :)

Boiling the water does not remove chlorine. If chlorine could be boiled off, the chlorine would be released from the water as gas which is highly toxic. The best way to remove harmful chemicals from the water is a water conditioner. That is what they are for.

Oh, I read that boiling it gets rid of the chlorine????

Chlorine is added to tap water to kill off harmful bacteria. Unfortunately, chlorine, even in the relatively small amounts used in tap water, can be unhealthy to consume. One solution to this problem is buying bottled water, but that can get expensive and it isn’t good for the environment. Here are some ways to remove chlorine from water at home.

Boil it. Boiling water before drinking it or cooking with it will remove the chlorine from it. Boil the water for 3-5 minutes. During that time, the chlorine will boil off making the water that is left behind safer for drinking.

I believe this is correct. I've read that leaving water out for 24 hours works to get rid of chlorine, and I would assume that is from a lower evaporation point for chlorine vs water (same principal for boiling off moonshine from corn mash, lol). Boiling would expedite that process.

However, if you are using well water, you dont really need to worry all that much about chlorinated water.

Boiling the water does not remove chlorine. If chlorine could be boiled off, the chlorine would be released from the water as gas which is highly toxic. The best way to remove harmful chemicals from the water is a water conditioner. That is what they are for.

The amount of chlorine in municipal tap water isn't high enough to produce harmful amounts of chlorine gas. If it was high enough, anyone who turns on a faucet to fill a sink, bathtub, or lets tap water age in an open bucket (to get rid of the chlorine) would also be at risk.

I came across this > i Think this guy knows what he's talking bout..all the answers from different links also say that chlorine is gone when boiled.

Will boiling it stop the white stuff drying on the hygrometer etc?

No. The "white stuff" is probably a calcium deposit left behind when the water evaporates. Boiling the water won't remove minerals unless you boil a container of water completely dry and collected and used the steam. Distilled or demineralized water is re-condensed steam.

I came across this > i Think this guy knows what he's talking bout..all the answers from different links also say that chlorine is gone when boiled.

But I think you have to boil it a lot longer than you would to kill microorganisms. Seems like a waste of energy when letting it age in an open bucket for a day or so accomplished much the same thing.

I am not saying the chlorine amounts would be harmful (although chlorine gas is very toxic), but no you cannot boil chlorine out of water unless you distill it. Chlorine has a much higher boiling point that water so you wouldnt be able to boil it out.

I believe this is correct. I've read that leaving water out for 24 hours works to get rid of chlorine, and I would assume that is from a lower evaporation point for chlorine vs water (same principal for boiling off moonshine from corn mash, lol). Boiling would expedite that process.

Leaving water out for 24 hours does get rid of clorine it evaporates off:)

I achlorine saying the chlorine amounts would be harmful (although chlorine gas is very toxic), but no you cannot boil chlorine out of water unless you distill it. Chlorine has a much higher boiling point that water so you wouldnt be able to boil it out.

I think you are confusing chlorine with chloromines, which will not boil away

Sorry to intrude on this thread and ask a question (I've been wondering about this as well..)..

So are you saying that if you use water conditioner, it will get all the baddies in the water out?

I'm just about to receive my mistking and I can't get RO water here.. any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom