Bongo’s Journey

chloe_bongo

Hello everyone, today I got my first chameleon. His name is Bongo and he is a male Ambilobe panther chameleon. He is 3 1/2 months old and is living in a 90 / 90 / 45 inch enclosure. Just starting this to document his life and share it with others! Hers some pictures from today! 🦎

Attachments

• f26ceea0-f92f-4cbc-a8eb-0734526075e1.jpeg
    f26ceea0-f92f-4cbc-a8eb-0734526075e1.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 1
  • f6f69a20-5ffe-475d-967f-9702c96c8fa5.jpeg
    f6f69a20-5ffe-475d-967f-9702c96c8fa5.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 2
  • a5c782a1-0019-4924-9ee3-41e45274e669.jpeg
    a5c782a1-0019-4924-9ee3-41e45274e669.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 2
Here’s some pics from today, we have now had him for 2 full days and he has eaten 3 crickets yesterday and 2 that we know of today. He definitely drank yesterday, and hopefully he did today aswell be we were out for most of the day, he has pooped and his poop looks very healthy! And is loving exploring his new home!💞🦎

Attachments

• IMG_9912.jpeg
    IMG_9912.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9922.jpeg
    IMG_9922.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9895.jpeg
    IMG_9895.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9902.jpeg
    IMG_9902.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1
Here’s some pics from today, we have now had him for 2 full days and he has eaten 3 crickets yesterday and 2 that we know of today. He definitely drank yesterday, and hopefully he did today aswell be we were out for most of the day, he has pooped and his poop looks very healthy! And is loving exploring his new home!💞🦎
So adorable! Little man should be taking down much much more than just 2-3 crickets a day at his age though. Looking at the size of the leg sticking out of his mouth, they do look a bit large for him. The feeders need to be smaller than the space between his eyes in order for him to be able to eat them without problem or struggle. He should be getting around 15+ feeders daily. Try some bsfl (aka Phoenix worms or calci worms), silkworms and dubia (or discoid if in Florida).

So adorable! Little man should be taking down much much more than just 2-3 crickets a day at his age though. Looking at the size of the leg sticking out of his mouth, they do look a bit large for him. The feeders need to be smaller than the space between his eyes in order for him to be able to eat them without problem or struggle. He should be getting around 15+ feeders daily. Try some bsfl (aka Phoenix worms or calci worms), silkworms and dubia (or discoid if in Florida).
Hello, yes I’m aware he should be eating more but as it is the first couple of days I’ve read they can take some time to settle in and that might change the amount he eats, I will try and feed him more but we are giving him lots of food but he is just not choosing to eat lots yet. Any advice for getting him to eat more would be appreciated

Hello, yes I’m aware he should be eating more but as it is the first couple of days I’ve read they can take some time to settle in and that might change the amount he eats, I will try and feed him more but we are giving him lots of food but he is just not choosing to eat lots yet. Any advice for getting him to eat more would be appreciated
Do you know how the breeder fed him? Thats alwasys been my issue from the beginning with all my babies that came from good breeders. The breeders I hvae purchased from in the past had bioactive and did free-range feeding and/or they would put the bugs on the screen for the chameleon to hunt. I personally prefer to feed via feeder run cup. It alwasy took time to get my babies used to the feeder run cup. For now, try to match how the breeder fed him as much as you can and then slowly teach him to eat they way you prefer if that makes sense....

I would say try smaller feeders. Pet stores only carry certain size crickets, so your best option is to order your feeders online. Many vendors have variety packs, which are super cool for those who have only one or two insectivores. If they don’t have bundle packs specifically for young chameleons, many of the bundle packs for baby beardies contain the same insects but at a proper size. I would guess that your little cutie needs crickets that are 1/4” and no bigger. Check the forum sponsors for some great feeder vendors. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=food
Also, we each prefer different feeding stations, but whichever you use, do make sure to keep it in the same spot so baby knows where to find his food. This is the feeder I like. https://www.chameleonforums.com/sponsors/?tag=food

Back
Top Bottom