Branches in bulk/pots for plants

Alyx

Is there any way to buy branches for enclosures in bulk? Branches at my pet store cost $10 for a single one... Or would finding and making my own be a better option? I just bought dragon ledges so I want to find a lot of stuff to fill the cage in with. Also, does anyone know what type of pots hang off of the ledges?

The hanging flower pots I and others have used are not flower pots at all. Ikea sells them as hanging storage for utensils for hanging from a kitchen rack. They have holes in the bottom so they drain and are perfect for hanging from Dragon Ledges.
Bygel containers:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10271091/

I've purchased pieces of driftwood from ebay. Also, I've used some of these to add some structure, also from Ikea.
TORKA - Decorative stalk, natural, twisted:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60153453/

Okay, thanks! I found a set of 3 on Amazon for $8. Do you think craft store decorative sticks would work? The Michael's by me has natural looking ones but I'm not sure if they treat them with anything harmful

Okay, thanks! I found a set of 3 on Amazon for $8. Do you think craft store decorative sticks would work? The Michael's by me has natural looking ones but I'm not sure if they treat them with anything harmful

Go into the woods and cut vines and branches for free.

I have a wandering jew in my enclosure. I took a branch and zip tied it across the top of the pot. I then stuck it caddie corner on the dragon ledges and zip tied each end. It worked beautifully.... the ledges are worth the money!

Those same sticks from Ikea can be found at Menards if you are wanting to buy some. I believe I paid $6 for 3 but they are long. I bought 3 or 4 bundles of them and have leftovers.

Go into the woods and cut vines and branches for free.

I have a wandering jew in my enclosure. I took a branch and zip tied it across the top of the pot. I then stuck it caddie corner on the dragon ledges and zip tied each end. It worked beautifully.... the ledges are worth the money!

What he said . I live in a rainforest and found some beautiful moss covered twigs. I just gave it a good rub to shake off the loose stuff. Funkier and more realistic than any art supply place.

Do you have access to a yard or garden or natural area with trees and shrubs? If so, you can gather sturdy branches from outdoors, scrub the loose decaying stuff off them, give them a wash in 1:10 bleach to water solution, rinse and dry them. You'll have a lot more variety and choice that way and they won't cost anything.

Back
Top Bottom