Broken leg or MBD?

PabloTheCham

Chameleon Enthusiast
I posted a picture of my cham on his freerange, and some people noticed that one of his legs is bent. My chameleon can hold on to everything fine, and he doesn't shake in any way. I don't think it is MBD because of his grip and because he doesn't shake, but correct me if I am wrong. Based on the pic, do you guys think he needs a vet visit for this or will it heal on its own? If a vet visit is warranted, how much would it cost? Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• PHOTOCONTEST.jpg
    PHOTOCONTEST.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 107
You got a good side profile pic? His cask looks slightly bent at the top in the above picture.

Personally I would make a vet appointment.

I know vet visits can be hard financially sometimes, so my advice has been to make it worth your while. If you can find a good vet, he is a wealth of knowledge. Go prepared with all your questions, It is a learning experience get all the knowledge you can. It will help now and in the future. If it is your first visit for a cham take advantage and it will be worth the cost.

You got a good side profile pic? His cask looks slightly bent at the top in the above picture.

Personally I would make a vet appointment.
his casque has always been like this. from sideways he looks normal.

Attachments

• PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOO.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 127
  • PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA.jpg
    PABLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 79
I know vet visits can be hard financially sometimes, so my advice has been to make it worth your while. If you can find a good vet, he is a wealth of knowledge. Go prepared with all your questions, It is a learning experience get all the knowledge you can. It will help now and in the future. If it is your first visit for a cham take advantage and it will be worth the cost.
How do I find a good vet? and is it mbd or a broken leg?

well I would say if it’s a break then it has healed because your handling him and he’s not showing any signs of pain or discomfort. No one can tell you it’s MBD with out a vet visit to see what his bone density is.

well I would say if it’s a break then it has healed because your handling him and he’s not showing any signs of pain or discomfort. No one can tell you it’s MBD with out a vet visit to see what his bone density is.
oh. is finding out the bone density expensive??

Back
Top Bottom