Builing my own

JFKazz

Ok, so I am currently in the design stage of my new chameleon cage and I am curious as to if you think this will be big enough.

It will be 30 inches long, 14 inches deep, and 30 inches tall. It will sit on top of my dresser.

Wow, duh she is a Veiled.

Right, I was thinking 3 foot tall but I forgot to measure from the dresser to the ceiling before I left my apt for spring break

Right, I was thinking 3 foot tall but I forgot to measure from the dresser to the ceiling before I left my apt for spring break

haha no problem. i would just do as big as you can knowing that you need room between the ceiling and the top of your cage for lights. its a good spring break project! i might end up doing one myself as well.:D

fora female, thats not that bad. though you may want to go a bit deeper, just to give room for your plants.

The important thing to ask yourself is this. What is more important, the happiness of the chameleon or the aesthetic nature of your furniture? I'm sure it could live in a smaller enclosure, and it might even have a reasonably descent life span, but their is a reason that 24"x24"x36" inches is considered to be the minimum acceptable dimensions for an adult cham.

The important thing to ask yourself is this. What is more important, the happiness of the chameleon or the aesthetic nature of your furniture? I'm sure it could live in a smaller enclosure, and it might even have a reasonably descent life span, but their is a reason that 24"x24"x36" inches is considered to be the minimum acceptable dimensions for an adult cham.

actually, its 24x24x48 for an adult MALE veiled.

females are normally half the size of the male. and therefore, will do just fin ein a cage that size. while we do say bigger is better, realistically, we cant provide them a home like their native habitat.

I have a female veiled now in a 24x24x48 cage. and she is so lost in it. which is why i plan to build a 20x20x36 cage for her.

So should I make my females cage a little bit smaller? I was just going to stick with the same size as my males since there were going to be the same cage but divided? 24x48x48 basically 2 24x24x48 in 1 thats divided. (If that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom