cage

You are correct. That's what I get for seeing it in someone's enclosure and not checking it out. I have just removed mine and replaced with a parlor palm. Thank you for your good eye. We should always check and double check before we put anything in our enclosures.
You are very welcome. I would hope others would do the same for me

I thought croton was poisonous. Confused here
I use them. With zero problems. I haven't heard of any chameleons dieing off from them. Lol Some plants aren't on the "safe list", but it doesn't necessarily mean its going to make your chameleon drop over dead if you use them. Nor have I seen any of mine chew on the leaves and etc. The safe list is just a guideline and "safe zone" for plants you can positively use with little or no issues. I just use common sense as to what's ok and what's clearly not.

That's up to you. But they're simply guidelines. Whatever you're comfortable with.
I read where the stems and leaves have an irritant...that being said...I don't want to take a chance. So far Fiona doesn't eat plants, but if she ever decided to I can imagine her throat swelling shut. I have alot of plants so it was simple to swap it out and not worry.

I read where the stems and leaves have an irritant...that being said...I don't want to take a chance. So far Fiona doesn't eat plants, but if she ever decided to I can imagine her throat swelling shut. I have alot of plants so it was simple to swap it out and not worry.
Yes. Swelling and irritation is common with people if you eat the roots and stems. Only a few minor cases. Again, I don't sweat it. Just watch your cham and see if they're eating on any plant. Pothos, they're on the safe list. But, when growing new stems, they secrete sap which is very irratative. But we use them. It's just as simple as monitoring them.

Hello everyone thank you so much for all the comment!! I am going out tmro to go to petsmart and walmart to get some supplies!! Hopefully i will have the cage completed in about 3 weeks ish.

Research about different plants, I REALLY don't want ANYTHING bad to happen to your chameleon. Because some plants may not be poisonous when your Cham touches it, but if he/she eats it, it may be posionous. So be careful!!

Research about different plants, I REALLY don't want ANYTHING bad to happen to your chameleon. Because some plants may not be poisonous when your Cham touches it, but if he/she eats it, it may be posionous. So be careful!!
Yes I will!! I am going to Walmart today to try to find some big plants. Just curious, does anyone know if plams are dangerous?

Yes I will!! I am going to Walmart today to try to find some big plants. Just curious, does anyone know if plams are dangerous?
Sorry I replied late,
one question, did you mean palms?Reply if you did, anyways, palms are not dangerous. They could grow this fur-like stuff which I would be nervous if mine or anyone else's chameleon would eat. But besides that, they would be good.

Sorry I replied late,
one question, did you mean palms?Reply if you did, anyways, palms are not dangerous. They could grow this fur-like stuff which I would be nervous if mine or anyone else's chameleon would eat. But besides that, they would be good.
Yes I did mean palms, I tend to type fast on my phone I'm sorry lol. Ok perfect!! If they do grow that fuzzy stuff I will keep a close eye to make sure it doesn't grow anymore. Yesterday we went out to petsmart and I got a bunch more leaves for him and some ladders. It was really cool bc the ladders had little hooks so maybe I can put them thru the screen. I also gathered some long and thick branches from out side. They have been drying out in my garage for a couple days now. I will go out there and cut them up today and get them in the oven soon.

Chameleons can play with bird toys also:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom