Cage

a7x3443

Is a 24x24x36 cage to big for a 4 month old veiled. When I got him I got one of those starter kits that came with everything but it came with a 10 gal aquarium. I've been reading that its better to get them in a cage with all screen sides for air circulation but I didn't kno if that would be to big.

Is a 24x24x36 cage to big for a 4 month old veiled. When I got him I got one of those starter kits that came with everything but it came with a 10 gal aquarium. I've been reading that its better to get them in a cage with all screen sides for air circulation but I didn't kno if that would be to big.

It might be as baby, but he will need a cage at least that big as an adult.
most others actually use a 24x24x48 cage for adults.

I am a new cham owner but I recently went through exactly what you are talking about...

From what I have learned through research and experience, it's really important to see how your home's environment works with what you are trying to create for your cham. Also, ive learned its kinda like this....

screen cage>glass terrarium>glass aquarium.

I would say for your chams age, yes, it would be best to have a screen cage. My 3 week old cham (hes about 2 inches from head to tail) is now housed in a small Reptibreeze cage (18x18x20 i think are the demensions).

That may be a little big...maybe one size down, but your on the right track! :D

Its only too big if he can't find his food. Try it out and see if he can get his food.

Has a good point. I purchased a juvenile veiled from a local pet store, roughly the same age as yours about six weeks ago. My enclosure is 50" X 20"X 56" I placed the bottom half of 1 gallon plastic milk/water jug with some drain slits about mid-level in the cage within viewing of his basking spot. He took to it right away. Now I feed his staples from there twice a day and place other food items throughout the cage throughout the day.

Water would be the other concern. As is the advice of many on this forum, keep an eye on his urinates and his hydration. I use a mist king system, my chameleon seeks water left on plants from misting when he's thirsty. I rarely see him drink when the misters are on...it bothers him.

Ok thanks everyone. And yea he hates it when I mist everything. He tries to run away. But he's not dehydrated so he must be drinking. I've been starting to cup feed him so it should be pretty easy to keep track if he's able to find his food

misting

Mine like to move and hang upside down they always move when I start misting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom