Caging Question

Andrew27

I have an adult Jackson chameleon, a female. Should I get a screen cage for her or keep her in the glass cage she has now? The screen cage is an 18x18x36. If I buy her a screen one, I will blow all of my money. I will have no more except for crickets and stuff, and I don't like the feeling of being broke all the way until August . Should I do that, or try to improve with the glass tank? How could I make more ventilation so she doesnt get a respiratory infection? It is an 18x18x24 glass exo terra terrarium. I plan on getting a live plant. 24 inches high, 18 inches wide by the way. Kinda not sure what to do. I live in Connecticut by the way, with an air conditioner and fan in the room.

Glass will work, but screen cages are always the way to go if you can do it. It may hurt a little now, but I think looking back on it you'll be happy you did it.

I saw a thread where they had the same size terrarium like yours, 18x18x24 and he extended the top with a self/built screens on all 4 sides, making it 18x18x36 and up. If you know how to do it or have someone build it for you, you can save more money that way. I think I might do that as well.

Back
Top Bottom