Calumma nasutum

Jeremy, Good to know! I would welcome any information or sources of information on the procedure for mating, incubation parameters and methods.

These Nasutum complex species are an Eastern Madagascar Rainforest species. They are a montane species. They have similarities from the reading I have done to Madagascar and African montane species in regards to husbandry, housing, breeding, and incubation. That should start you off. You have to choose your path from there.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Yep I've sussed that info out already and I think I'm pretty much on point, then, keeping them at the same cooler temps and higher humidity as the jacksonii. I'll periodically introduce the male and female(s) to see if mating occurs -they are now kept separately. I'd still like to correspond with some who's bred them tho - or read the reports of someone who has (hopefully) documented the process. If such communication was available it would save me from needless reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Yep I've sussed that info out already and I think I'm pretty much on point, then, keeping them at the same cooler temps and higher humidity as the jacksonii. I'll periodically introduce the male and female(s) to see if mating occurs -they are now kept separately. I'd still like to correspond with some who's bred them tho - or read the reports of someone who has (hopefully) documented the process. If such communication was available it would save me from needless reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Good then. As earlier you sounded as though you were just guessing. This as I stated is my guidance.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Thank you Jeremy. The keeping environment is what I have been able to research and duplicate. This is my setup: keeping in glass enclosure (Zoo Med) for humidity retention, low level lighting of both UVB and plant growth, live plants, bioactive substrate, 4 to 5 mistings per day to keep humidity at ~ 70% to 80%. Daytime temps ~ 72F (warmer near lights to ~ 78F) and night time temp to ~65F. Feeding fruit flies on Repashy medium which contains a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals.

My questions are around mating, and incubation of eggs. I did find one reference from a European breeder who stated that incubation temps for C. boettgeri should be in the 70's. I would assume the same would apply for nasutum. I'll keep looking for resources and information and document any progress.

Back
Top Bottom