Camo is sick. :-(

Kalistina

I have taken Camo to the vet already instead of posting in here to find out what wrong. But now I could use some encouragement. The vet is reputable so that's a plus. He became extremely dehydrated in a matter of days, became completely lethargic and sleeping. I upped his misting and put extra food in and he perked up after I brought him in the shower with me. A couple days later he went downhill again. I knew something was wrong.

The vet heard crackling in his lungs and determined that he might have pneumonia. She did X-rays and tried bloodwork but couldn't get any blood. She prescribed him an antibiotic and gave him fluids then kept him in an incubator for a little while. I got him home and he was miserable.

That was yesterday. This morning I didn't see much difference so I called and brought him in again so we could give him more fluids and possibly feed him. She gave him an antibiotic injection also but gave me a very grim prognosis. I've done tons of research and nothing that comes up is good.

Since he's been home I upped his temp a couple degrees and left his misting as is. I also added a fogger I had in storage to give some extra humidity. I crushed up a gutloaded cricket and meal worm and added some water. I used a syringe to try and get him to eat but he wasn't interested. (I didn't pry his mouth open to force feed, just moved his lip a little and dropped a bit on the rim.)

On a good note he has started changing his colors a little bit to add some extra blue. He has been orange and yellow for the past couple of days since this ordeal started.

Words of encouragement are needed, and if you might have any advice on how to make him more comfortable and to take a little extra fluid. Maybe he just needs a little more rest. :-( I don't want to go through this alone and I know some of you have been here before. Please let me know how you cope with the stress and possible loss.

Thank you for reading.

I have taken Camo to the vet already instead of posting in here to find out what wrong. But now I could use some encouragement. The vet is reputable so that's a plus. He became extremely dehydrated in a matter of days, became completely lethargic and sleeping. I upped his misting and put extra food in and he perked up after I brought him in the shower with me. A couple days later he went downhill again. I knew something was wrong.

The vet heard crackling in his lungs and determined that he might have pneumonia. She did X-rays and tried bloodwork but couldn't get any blood. She prescribed him an antibiotic and gave him fluids then kept him in an incubator for a little while. I got him home and he was miserable.

That was yesterday. This morning I didn't see much difference so I called and brought him in again so we could give him more fluids and possibly feed him. She gave him an antibiotic injection also but gave me a very grim prognosis. I've done tons of research and nothing that comes up is good.

Since he's been home I upped his temp a couple degrees and left his misting as is. I also added a fogger I had in storage to give some extra humidity. I crushed up a gutloaded cricket and meal worm and added some water. I used a syringe to try and get him to eat but he wasn't interested. (I didn't pry his mouth open to force feed, just moved his lip a little and dropped a bit on the rim.)

On a good note he has started changing his colors a little bit to add some extra blue. He has been orange and yellow for the past couple of days since this ordeal started.

Words of encouragement are needed, and if you might have any advice on how to make him more comfortable and to take a little extra fluid. Maybe he just needs a little more rest. :-( I don't want to go through this alone and I know some of you have been here before. Please let me know how you cope with the stress and possible loss.

Thank you for reading.

This is awful. You have tried so hard, and I am sure Camo has also. I have been where you are and it helps a lot to have someone who understands what you are going through. I will send you my phone # and will call you if you want or you can call me. You won't be alone with this.

This is awful. You have tried so hard, and I am sure Camo has also. I have been where you are and it helps a lot to have someone who understands what you are going through. I will send you my phone # and will call you if you want or you can call me. You won't be alone with this.

He fell off his branch a little bit ago, I had put down fluffy towels because I had a feeling it would happen so he didn't fall far or hard. I changed the entire set up and he's about 8 inches from a ceramic lamp on blankets. I'm pretty sure he's leaving me tonight.

If by some miracle he makes it I'll change everything up in the morning. I hope he has the strength to pull through.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I don't know where I went wrong. He's my little prince.

soap

Could he have gotten soap all on him when he showered with you? If so, I can only think of showering him, alone, on a plant. I am so sorry you have a sick baby. You are doing the best you can!

My prince passed away during the night. There was only an hour time span when I kept checking on him, it happened around 4:30. He looked comfortable (at least that's what I am telling myself.)

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you in this time - know that you did everything you could.

Losing him was so hard, but remember all the time you had with him. Having them in our hearts and lives is a blessing. RIP Camo

Small update about Camo. I am having him cremated and his vet offered to do a necropsy at no additional charge. She just called to tell me the results. He had an abscess on one of his kidneys that ruptured and caused sepsis. The doctor said there would have been no way to have caught it early enough to still have him around today. The abscess wasn't large enough to see on the X-rays and it didn't show up in his bloodwork /fecal.

thank you for all of your kind words. Time now to heal.

So sorry for your loss.
At least with the necropsy, you now know what happened.

May your saddened heart heal soon.

Back
Top Bottom