Can someone tell my husband....

As a college student I live with my parents so I am sure my jerk of a dad wont allow me to have them. He doesnt really support my Reptile obsession in the first place and keeps asking why I cant put all my leopard geckos together in one tank lol...doesnt realize how much effort and research I put into my Chameleons and other reptiles I own. It kinda hurts my feelings at times but I just roll with the punches

Yeah I sorta agree :( Lol I don't get much support over here and I'm probably set at the limit for 3 reptiles... 4 tops.

But seriously take it from a dubia breeder: They do not stink, can't climb, can't fly, don't make noise, breed like crazy, and you don't risk losing them because you can feed in smaller amounts. Win, win, win... + many more wins!! :D

trust me i have a dubia colony they have never escaped on me yet and my cham likes them allot more then crickets also tey have allot more meat on them then crickets so u can feed them less why they will still get the same ammount of food

Speaking from experience, dubias will not infest. Around the beginning of this year I had god knows how many escape in a attic off of one of my bedrooms(the Cham room) it had to be a couple hundred at the least. It was my fault because I had glued the screen to the lid and the heat light made the glue come off of the lid falling into the container and becoming a roach ramp. I went into the attic to check on roaches only to find roaches EVERYWHERE! They were on the rafters,ceiling,walls everywhere you looked you'd see a roach! Of course, I went into panic mode, this is a brand new house and my wife was going to kill me. Well, after a few trips to lowes and a bunch of powder roach bait and hotels, glue traps with heat lamps, I was able to kill off a lager amount of them. The lack of heat and food killed the possibility of them infesting the house. To this day I've never seen one lose inside of my house, but I am still coming across them outside of my house on my back porch. (the attic is right above my back porch) luckily Texas has tons of local big roaches and so far my wife hasn't caught on. I just mumble something along of the lines that the drought is driving the roaches out :)

Yeah I sorta agree :( Lol I don't get much support over here and I'm probably set at the limit for 3 reptiles... 4 tops.

Yeah my dad keeps asking me why I can't put my leopard geckos in the as,e terrarium because I have 4 in my room...they are all male obviously he wouldn't understand that.

I had some blue bottles escape this weekend. My fiance is far from pleased. The dubia's live in the garage in a tall bucket, so she doesn't mind them. This is the last time I'll get blue bottles for a while though, and I'll keep it quiet the next time I do...

LOL well he agreed that after we move I can order some roaches. But I dont think I can do the pet store cricket anymore. I bought $4 worth at petsmart and they are pretty much dead after 2 days. I bought $2 worth at another pet store and they died in 1 day o_O Luckily the other pet store that orders though reptilefood.com lasted me last month for whole month.

I wish my Petco crickets would die... the ones in the gecko vivs are super intelligent and virtually invisible until night, when they drown out the TV, and my dragon is so soft-hearted, I'm sure he likes having them around for company.

I wish my Petco crickets would die... the ones in the gecko vivs are super intelligent and virtually invisible until night, when they drown out the TV, and my dragon is so soft-hearted, I'm sure he likes having them around for company.

Yeah in my biggest leopard geckos terrarium(he is also the best hunter and most aggressive hunter) he couldnt catch this bastard of a cricket for 2 days lol I didnt want to take it out because it was still freaking dusted after two days ha so I left it in there and I watched him finally cornered it. I LOVE how Leo's always have that big smile looking grin on their face it was priceless

Back
Top Bottom