Can veiled chameleons eat this?

ragidi

I found this bug in the back yard. It seems injured because one of its legs are broken..? I assume my cat hit it or something.
Can my chameleon Alphys eat this? Is it gutload-able?
20160122_170605.jpg
20160122_170556.jpg

I found this bug in the back yard. It seems injured because one of its legs are broken..? I assume my cat hit it or something.
Can my chameleon Alphys eat this? Is it gutload-able?View attachment 150113 View attachment 150112 View attachment 150113

View attachment 150112
Since you found it in your backyard it could have eaten plants or other materials with pesticides or harmful chemicals that would be passed to your chameleon if fed to him. Probably not a good idea.

Since you found it in your backyard it could have eaten plants or other materials with pesticides or harmful chemicals that would be passed to your chameleon if fed to him. Probably not a good idea.
That makes sense. Out of curiousity, is there a way to 'cleanse' it? Does feeding it for a week or so clear its system from harmful stuff?

I've seen people use wild caught crickets to start off their colony of feeder crickets but they only feed them after 2-3 generations where produced. But I don't think you could with this bug or would it be very worth haha

Seems like a lot of work for one little bug, but no.....
I know it sounds ridiculous (taking care of the bug I mean), but where I am I can't easily get feeder bugs for Alphys. I won't feed her something harmful out of desperation of course, but if there was some way to make the available bugs safe and edible for her, then I won't hesitate to do it.

I've seen people use wild caught crickets to start off their colony of feeder crickets but they only feed them after 2-3 generations where produced. But I don't think you could with this bug or would it be very worth haha
Ah I don't know if it's possible to start a colony. I don't even know what kind of bug this is.

Back
Top Bottom