Carpet Chameleon Enclosure advice!

lurker9090

Established Member
I think I will be getting 2 carpet chameleons in the next few months and I have been researching a lot and have questions!

I watched this video and a few others. It has the Leap people and frank payne! Who all seem to have a lot of experience in the topic.

I have begun purchasing all the set ups but am having trouble deciding on enclosures and heat. Their opinion is that screen enclosures for carpets are decades behind in care, would you all agree? They have a Leap enclosure with the ventilated top. Does anyone have any advice on what I should pursue?
Also, they suggest not using a heat bulb because they are so small and their enclosures are smaller so the risk of heat is too large. They also suggest keeping in mid 70s for these little cute carpets.

I just want to make sure im making correct purchases, anyone with carpet experience agree/disagree?

(ps Chester is doing a lot better, has finished his shots and will be getting his final checkup on Monday 😊 )

I was looking into getting a Leaf Habitats setup for a Carpet Cham as well -- I really liked the style and the idea of getting the same brand of enclosure/lighting/humidity equipment. Their line looked slick and seemed well-priced.

But if you go to the website now, almost all of their product line is out of stock -- including every model of enclosure. They had some great YouTube videos like the one you posted, and vibrant social media, and then it looks like everything stopped about a year ago. They are still selling stuff through Amazon, but it really looks like the brand and product line are dead.

It's sad, because it all really looked very promising. It's also disappointing, because you can't really get a straight answer from Leap about future product availability.

I was looking into getting a Leaf Habitats setup for a Carpet Cham as well -- I really liked the style and the idea of getting the same brand of enclosure/lighting/humidity equipment. Their line looked slick and seemed well-priced.

But if you go to the website now, almost all of their product line is out of stock -- including every model of enclosure. They had some great YouTube videos like the one you posted, and vibrant social media, and then it looks like everything stopped about a year ago. They are still selling stuff through Amazon, but it really looks like the brand and product line are dead.

It's sad, because it all really looked very promising. It's also disappointing, because you can't really get a straight answer from Leap about future product availability.
agreed:( and amazon seems the prices are more expensive. If that whole line worked out it looked really cohesive! So sad!

It used to be you could by straight from their website. They should try to get ahold of Petco to be their distributor. Get more support from local pet shops. Then they could thrive as a brand.

I rather buy a Exo Terra terrarium than their enclosures. TBH.

I think I will be getting 2 carpet chameleons in the next few months and I have been researching a lot and have questions!

I watched this video and a few others. It has the Leap people and frank payne! Who all seem to have a lot of experience in the topic.

I have begun purchasing all the set ups but am having trouble deciding on enclosures and heat. Their opinion is that screen enclosures for carpets are decades behind in care, would you all agree? They have a Leap enclosure with the ventilated top. Does anyone have any advice on what I should pursue?
Also, they suggest not using a heat bulb because they are so small and their enclosures are smaller so the risk of heat is too large. They also suggest keeping in mid 70s for these little cute carpets.

I just want to make sure im making correct purchases, anyone with carpet experience agree/disagree?

(ps Chester is doing a lot better, has finished his shots and will be getting his final checkup on Monday 😊 )

Hi, great to hear you're getting things ready before bringing the chams home. My understanding is that Leap was sold. Any stock you find online was from left over stock. Hybrid cages are great to help maintain heat and humidity. The focus is air circulation. You want ventilation near the bottom and top to create the chimney effect. I am personally using the exoterra enclosures with success. Assess where you an to place your enclosures and that will help sort out what enclosures works for you. Happy to help answer any questions.

Hi, great to hear you're getting things ready before bringing the chams home. My understanding is that Leap was sold. Any stock you find online was from left over stock. Hybrid cages are great to help maintain heat and humidity. The focus is air circulation. You want ventilation near the bottom and top to create the chimney effect. I am personally using the exoterra enclosures with success. Assess where you an to place your enclosures and that will help sort out what enclosures works for you. Happy to help answer any questions.
Who are they bought out by?

With my boehmii I used a smaller sized Sansi plant light beside his UVB, the Sansi put out enough heat to be about 10 degrees above the rest of the cage and he used it occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom