Chameleon Breeder Podcast

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
We in the chameleon community have gone way too long without a podcast to call our own. This travesty has been rectified! :) Podcasts are topical radio on demand. So you can listen to a radio show about the keeping, breeding, and understanding chameleons while you walk the dog, drive to work, or clean cages!
If you are on iTunes just search for the Chameleon Breeder Podcast and you'll find a bright Ambilobe logo to greet you (that's Otter Pop, by the way). If you are new to podcasts you can ease into the whole thing via the website http://www.chameleonbreeder.com.

In this podcast I do recommend beginners get involved with a community and I specifically link to the chameleon forums. So if we get some new people here let's take good care of them!

Check it out. It has been a blast launching this show and we have a strong 2016 already planned!
A new show is released every Friday morning.

69D03647-403C-4CA6-A83A-77F1CBB33157_zpsvpsdnbvp.jpg

Very informative and entertaining! Looking forward to the future podcasts, and what their topics will be!!
Well, the next episode has been released and it is all about going on vacation with chameleons at home. A very timely topic! Thanks for the feedback!
Bill

The latest episode with Briana Kammer is up! We talk about beginners, their questions, and what a great job you guys are doing on Chameleon Forums! Customers calling her for chameleons and me for cages are often coming in highly educated. She and I agree that is in a huge part because of your efforts on this forum. So, what do we do? Well, we will be sending more people here! Check the episode out here:
http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/episode-004-briana-kammer-interview/
Briana-Wallpaper2.jpg

A new episode is up with an interview with active forum member, Nick Barta! He discusses exotic feeders and makes it easy for us to start feeder colonies of our own! He was so generous with his time I was able to break the interview up into two parts. The first one is all about the different roaches he works with. You can listen to this episode, order a starter colony (from him or anyone else), and within a couple months you will have a reliable source of feeders for your chameleon. Nick is a great guy to talk with and he shares what he knows freely. He really makes success with these feeders easy!
This podcast is free and you can listen at anytime - while commuting, exercising, or cleaning chameleon cages.
You can find the podcast on iTunes or listen online at http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-11-exotic-feeders-with-nick-barta-part-1-roaches/

Ep-11-Nick-Barta-and-Roaches.jpg

I just want to say thanks so much for such a fantastic podcast. I know it's a ton of work, but your podcast is so well-produced and edited that it's a joy to listen to. A little humor, a lot of knowledge, you really help my commutes go by much faster.

Thanks Michelle! Anything that helps with a commute is a good thing! Especially if it has to do with chameleons :)

Happy Valentine's Day! How does your significant other feel about you bringing a reptile home? Some will think chameleons are as cool as you do and some will take a little convincing. This latest episode is about the ones that need a little convincing! Ten ways to introduce your reptile keeping passion to a reptile-hesitant significant other! You can find this episode on iTunes or online here:
http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-12-reptiles-and-your-relationships/

ep-12-relationships.jpg

Wild caught chameleons come with their own challenges! If you are planning on bringing home a wild caught chameleon there are some things to keep in mind when you are selecting your chameleon and bringing him/her home to acclimate. This episode talks about just that!
http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-18-wild-caught-chameleons-acclimation/
By the way, the guy in the picture is Godzilla, a young male Mt. Meru Jackson's Chameleon who has just joined my household. This picture was taken when he got to me. Note the dark, washed out look. He is slowly getting his greens, blues, and yellows back as he acclimates, settles in, and goes through quarantine and deparasitization. I'll post a before and after picture in a couple weeks to show what a good acclimation can do for a chameleon!

Ep-18-Wild-Caught-Facebook-post.jpg

Wild caught chameleons come with their own challenges! If you are planning on bringing home a wild caught chameleon there are some things to keep in mind when you are selecting your chameleon and bringing him/her home to acclimate. This episode talks about just that!
http://www.chameleonbreeder.com/podcast/ep-18-wild-caught-chameleons-acclimation/
By the way, the guy in the picture is Godzilla, a young male Mt. Meru Jackson's Chameleon who has just joined my household. This picture was taken when he got to me. Note the dark, washed out look. He is slowly getting his greens, blues, and yellows back as he acclimates, settles in, and goes through quarantine and deparasitization. I'll post a before and after picture in a couple weeks to show what a good acclimation can do for a chameleon!

Another great episode, though you are not helping me resist getting some Jackson's!

Another great episode, though you are not helping me resist getting some Jackson's!
I view anyone without a Jackson's Chameleon with suspicion! :) They are such the awesome species. (I suspect you have already heard the episode on Jackson's.) With their personality and looks, I am forever sold on these guys!

I view anyone without a Jackson's Chameleon with suspicion! :) They are such the awesome species. (I suspect you have already heard the episode on Jackson's.) With their personality and looks, I am forever sold on these guys!

Yes, I very much enjoyed that episode! Of all the chameleon species I've read about so far, they are my favorite looking ones. I really enjoyed hearing that they have the personalities to match their good looks. I've been pretty sure that I want a Jackson's to be my next reptile, but that episode cemented it.

Back
Top Bottom