Chameleon Callus

albert the veiled

Hi Everyone!!!,
I just picked up my new veiled adult male Sunday and he has a callus on his lower lip. Does anyone have an Idea what I can put on it to soften it up and possibly get rid of it?? Thanks for they help.....
Thomas

Hi Everyone!!!,
I just picked up my new veiled adult male Sunday and he has a callus on his lower lip. Does anyone have an Idea what I can put on it to soften it up and possibly get rid of it?? Thanks for they help.....
Thomas

if it was from rubbing on glass or screen..it should heal in a few weeks...

do you have any pics..they always help..

I will get the pics up tomorrow morn. I got him from a breeder and she told me that it was from rubbing against the screen cage. He was kept in a basement with little sunlight (just bulbs) poor thing! I have had him outside in the BEAUTIFUL weather and he is enjoying it very much..he is officially put out to pasture sort of speak... He has been a tad bit aggressive but I am sure he will adjust fine to his new home! Thanks again for all your help.

I will get the pics up tomorrow morn. I got him from a breeder and she told me that it was from rubbing against the screen cage. He was kept in a basement with little sunlight (just bulbs) poor thing! I have had him outside in the BEAUTIFUL weather and he is enjoying it very much..he is officially put out to pasture sort of speak... He has been a tad bit aggressive but I am sure he will adjust fine to his new home! Thanks again for all your help.

As mentioned earlier, it is most likely a scab or scar from rubbing, not a callous. Whether it disappears over time or not depends on how much damage was done to the skin or tissue underneath. This spot might not shed as easily so keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom