Chameleon check up

Danny9495

image.jpg image.jpg Hello, I have a veiled chameleon who is about 5 or 6 months old and I got him when he was around 3 months. So I am pretty new to owning a chameleon and I have done a lot of research on veiled chameleons. I feed him 6 medium sized crickets a day and spray his cage 2 to 3 times a day, and I was wondering if theres anything else that I should know about owning a chameleon besides the basics. I will also be including a photo of my chameleon, so if someone could tell me if he is in good shape that would be appreciated.

Thanks

looks and sounds good. It looks like there are places where there are no plants so i would fill up their cage with vines and more foliage. also dust your crickets with calcium without d3 every day and with d3 every other week. Do you have a uvb bulb?

looks and sounds good. It looks like there are places where there are no plants so i would fill up their cage with vines and more foliage. also dust your crickets with calcium without d3 every day and with d3 every other week. Do you have a uvb bulb?
I do have a uvb bulb sitting right on top of the cage and there is basking spot for the chameleon. I also recently up sized my cage so I am currently working on getting more vines and stuff in it. And for the calcium without d3 is there a certain type that you would recommend

i would recommend zoomed repti calcium.
Ok thank you, and do what gender it could be. It turns different shades of green and brown and that's basically it(I dont know if the color matters with chameleons but usally for most animals the female is darker colors). The petstore that I got it from said that it was to young to tell and I don't know if it is still to young or not.

looks like a female to me. Can you send a photo of its back feet? from the back? there are little spurs on their feet from the day they are born

Back
Top Bottom