Chameleon Colors

I meant since Petco is such a bad thing please don't scold me too badly for buying from them...:D
Definitely try to convince my dad... I hope he listens to me.

I meant since Petco is such a bad thing please don't scold me too badly for buying from them...:D
Definitely try to convince my dad... I hope he listens to me.

got ya.

petco, is... yea.

anywayz... get a digitial thermo, will give a much better reading on temps.

Any thermometer recommendations, I want to get something good... BTW I know that real plants are best but could I use silk plants to cover basking area?

Also why doesn't he hide in the ficus I bought him... lol it just sits there and he drinks from it occasionally...

Any thermometer recommendations, I want to get something good... BTW I know that real plants are best but could I use silk plants to cover basking area?

Also why doesn't he hide in the ficus I bought him... lol it just sits there and he drinks from it occasionally...

they don't all like to hide.

I don't recall what brand I use, just know its digital.

frankly, I use all fake plants, I cant keep live ones..... well alive. ;)

Ok... DADDY I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!

Haha.

If youre gonna make a list...

Roaches for breeding your own colony (so much cheaper than buying all the time)

Full size adult cage

Plants

UVB bulbs (those things cost)

Dowel rods

string

Thumbtacks (for the dowel rods)

mist king (This is required for everyone!!))) lol

Timer for lights.

Haha

Ok... DADDY I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!
I assure you that no one will yell. Everyone on here is so helpful, they and myself just want to help make sure you get on the right track:) I have live plants, however, I have fake ones as well. Matter of fact, the large tree I have in my cage is a fake bamboo with real ones connected to it.
Definitely agree with camimom, breading your own will be much more cost effective in the long run. I now house crickets, silk worms, super worms, mealworms, wax worms and flies. I have chosen to stay away from horn worms as they grow REALLY fast, lol.

Just be creative when you are putting the cage together and have fun with it. Mine is now covered I the thick brown fake vines, vines with different color leaves picked up at Michaels and Wal-Mart, and I stopped along the road when I saw branches, took them home and soaked them then placed them in his cage.

I bought one of he All Living Things digital thermometer/humidity gauge for I believe $10 bucks as it has really long cords so that you can place the sensors where you want them.

UMMMMMMMMM..... MY PARENTS HAVE REFUSED TO BUY NEW WORMS! They don't like them... not roaches either I feel like I'm out of options... just crickets...:confused::(

Alternatives needed!

Youre gona have to make your rents understand that you need variety of bugs to keep your guy healthy and happy. esp if he decides to go on a food strike.

Roaches breed fast, are quiet, don't smell like crickets do, cant climb plastic orglass, and most importantly, cant breed in the house.

crickets are good, but I think roaches are meatier.

hornworms and silkworms are just like caterpillars, but hard to find and a bit pricey.

as a youngin he can eat calciworms (aka reptiworms)

painted lady butterflies are good too.

I feed roaches on a regular basis, crickets as a supplement food, and the rest whenever I can get them.

Supers and mealies are ok, but they are sort of fatty and have a harder exoskeleton making impaction a possibility when fed too often.

Back
Top Bottom