Chameleon hasn't eaten

okay it looked like she had a spur on her foot. i would just get a regular bulb because red has been known to hurt their eyes and change their sleeping patterns.
What is a spur?Does it affect her?
Okay thank you,I will get a regular bulb !

okay it looked like she had a spur on her foot. i would just get a regular bulb because red has been known to hurt their eyes and change their sleeping patterns.
I just googled it,but im sure "she" is a female right? Her feet dont look to much like she has a spur.. :(

Attachments

• IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
a spur is a lump on the back feet of a male veiled. Its how you tell gender from the first day they are born. It does not affect her but if she did have one your girl would actually be a guy.

a spur is a lump on the back feet of a male veiled. Its how you tell gender from the first day they are born. It does not affect her but if she did have one your girl would actually be a guy.
I dont think my chameleon is a guy
I took some more pictures
Just her feet on the bottom are light colored

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 108

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 98
okay yeah sorry. i thought i saw something but nope :)
Its okay!! I just thought for a second that I did this laying egg bin for nothinf but glad that she's a female?
But i "upgraded" her plastic container to a tank ,I got it kind of late so shes sleeping now but I got the light for baskin for the aquarium too, Ill try again tomorrow to put her in there!!
Thank you for keeping touch
Heres a picture of her egg laying tank

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 107
perfect. dont put any sticks or anything to climb on. cover the glass with a shirt so she cant see outside.
So I've been puttin her all day yesterday and today,shes been just tryin to climb out,doesnt dig or anything :/ she looks darker too but she ate some crickets today which was good cause she hasnt eaten much lately
Any suggestings? Or just to keep trying ?
Here is a picture of her today

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 109
i would keep trying. Also try putting a pencil in the dirt and start a hole next to it. They like digging next to trees for protection

i would keep trying. Also try putting a pencil in the dirt and start a hole next to it. They like digging next to trees for protection
Hi!!
So I've been puttin my chameleon in her egg laying bin everyday until now she finally for the first time shes on the dirt
I digged a small hole for her and shes sitting in there faced up,not sure what to do next since its her "bed time" should i leave her there overnight? Turn off the basking light?

amazing! shes laying her eggs! im not sure if you should leave her... i would take her out when she is done, in maybe an hour, and feed her and hydrate her. What time is it at your place? when she has coverd her hole up compleatly and is walking around again, take her out. What are you going to feed her? she will be very dehydrated and tired so hydrate and feed her quickly. i would feed her hornworms they are very juicy and nutritious. let me know how it goes :)

amazing! shes laying her eggs! im not sure if you should leave her... i would take her out when she is done, in maybe an hour, and feed her and hydrate her. What time is it at your place? when she has coverd her hole up compleatly and is walking around again, take her out. What are you going to feed her? she will be very dehydrated and tired so hydrate and feed her quickly. i would feed her hornworms they are very juicy and nutritious. let me know how it goes :)
Her light went off about 20minutes ago but I just turned it back on cause I wasnt to sure
It is 8:16PM here,She still in the hole.. from what i peeked
But should i just wait then till she is officially done then ? Like you said covered her hole?
I had ordered her hornworms and butterworms and silk worms but they wont be here till tomorrow
I currently have crickets that have been fed and superworms
:(

yeah wait untill she is 100% done covering her hole. I would go to petco and grab a single hornworm tonight and then feed the ones that are shippng to her tomorrow. Crickets would be fine for now but if its not super far away i would get 1 from petco. They are like 3$

yeah wait untill she is 100% done covering her hole. I would go to petco and grab a single hornworm tonight and then feed the ones that are shippng to her tomorrow. Crickets would be fine for now but if its not super far away i would get 1 from petco. They are like 3$
:c Ill try and see if I can go
They are about to close and they are not to close to me.. im worried now..

oh dont be worried. Crickets will do fine untill tomorow. You have 30 min to get there if you can, for the benefit of your cham, i would go but if you cant, it will be fine. Just dust your crickets well and make sure they are gutloaded befor. And water of course is most important. i take a spray bottle and softly spray it on the mouth and she drinks. Much luck!

oh dont be worried. Crickets will do fine untill tomorow. You have 30 min to get there if you can, for the benefit of your cham, i would go but if you cant, it will be fine. Just dust your crickets well and make sure they are gutloaded befor. And water of course is most important. i take a spray bottle and softly spray it on the mouth and she drinks. Much luck!
I just called several petsmart because often they dont have any in stock
But this one kinda far had only two
:/ but its already to late..
Thank you very much for the support!! I will be keepin an eye on her until she is finish
Well peekin at her
!!!! Hopefully she doesnt take to long

Back
Top Bottom