Chameleon hunting in Orlando

LadyOfTheReptiles

I recently started herping for the first time and I have heard there are both panther and veiled chameleons in Orlando. I did find a few veiled ones in Labelle. I was curious if anyone can tell me the general area to look for them in the Central Florida area. I know some people like to gate keep the info lol so thank you for any help

I recently started herping for the first time and I have heard there are both panther and veiled chameleons in Orlando. I did find a few veiled ones in Labelle. I was curious if anyone can tell me the general area to look for them in the Central Florida area. I know some people like to gate keep the info lol so thank you for any help
I heard there are Panther chameleons in the Sarasota area and possibly around Bonita springs. I too have had a look in Labelle with no luck. My daughter would like to find a wild veiled one for her new enclosure. Ive heard a road and b road but thats not narrowing it down much. Most all is private property, I dont want to get shot

Hi. I’m in Brevard and last year was given a wild caught male veiled. He came with Giardia and for a bit I wasn’t sure if he’d survive it. Thankfully, he did, but there’s nothing that I can do to cure his seeming depression at being caged. I tried giving him a window view and he rubbed his nose raw (again) trying to reach the trees he saw. He’s torn out many of his claws climbing the screen, looking for a way out. 😞 I’ve given him a double sized enclosure, but he doesn’t utilize his space like my others do. He just wants his freedom back and I wish I could give it to him.
So on behalf of my poor Lucky and all of the other wild chameleons in Florida, stick with captive bred. Fram’s chams currently has baby veileds and their panthers are some of the most beautiful. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veiled-chameleons.193384/ My rant is over and I thank you for considering this perspective. :)
Post not complete without a pic of Lucky.
IMG_6475.jpeg

Hi. I’m in Brevard and last year was given a wild caught male veiled. He came with Giardia and for a bit I wasn’t sure if he’d survive it. Thankfully, he did, but there’s nothing that I can do to cure his seeming depression at being caged. I tried giving him a window view and he rubbed his nose raw (again) trying to reach the trees he saw. He’s torn out many of his claws climbing the screen, looking for a way out. 😞 I’ve given him a double sized enclosure, but he doesn’t utilize his space like my others do. He just wants his freedom back and I wish I could give it to him.
So on behalf of my poor Lucky and all of the other wild chameleons in Florida, stick with captive bred. Fram’s chams currently has baby veileds and their panthers are some of the most beautiful. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/veiled-chameleons.193384/ My rant is over and I thank you for considering this perspective. :)
View attachment 357702
Poor Lucky! I think it's what they're used to. When I put Sonny outside (in his Olive tree) within max. 45 min he walks voluntary back inside. But, inside he sometimes stands begging for the door to get outside.
Bella sits all her life in front of a window and never gives any signs to wanna go outside. Side note, both are living free range, maybe this could be your solution for Lucky as well. And I know circumstances aren't ideal for you to free range, but you're extremely creative as well Vikki😎
He still looks like a happy handsome boy:love:

I heard there are Panther chameleons in the Sarasota area and possibly around Bonita springs. I too have had a look in Labelle with no luck. My daughter would like to find a wild veiled one for her new enclosure. Ive heard a road and b road but thats not narrowing it down much. Most all is private property, I dont want to get shot
Additionally to what @MissSkittles said about the depression and anxiety they can deal with being caged... They come with parasites and illness. Vet bills add up and this can be financially taxing. I would highly suggest not trying to catch one for your daughter. Buy from a reputable breeder so your daughter can have a good experience.

View attachment 357702
Wow look at Luckys casque! I know how it breaks your heart not to give them what they want even when you know its for the best! 😕 due to the mice invasion thus year, everyone is putting out poison. So i have to keep my cat inside at all times. He hates it and lets me know!

Back
Top Bottom