chameleon nails

kianna2118

Today i was watching my cham climb in his cage and i notice he wasn't able to grab the cage right with one of his nails. So i took him out to look at it his nails and one his nail was gone. All the other nails are there . will that nail grow again or will it stay like that . thanks

It is common with screen cages, and when their gone, their gone.

They will learn to adapt to a lost nail, just be sure the area isn't swollen and or infected.

-Jay

no it isn't swollen or infected.but he has alot of problems trying to use it .. But other then that he is very active and still able to craw all over his cage.

i havn't noticed a loss in nail on my cham, but the nails have worn down a bit, and are stubby not sharp.

My C J Xantholophus was wild caught in Hawai'i it seems like someone maybe just grabbed him before could fend for himself, he lost the toe nail, it stubbed over, and never grew again.

i havn't noticed a loss in nail on my cham, but the nails have worn down a bit, and are stubby not sharp.

Fonzie is in the same boat! Really short but still there.

How does he or she do when climbing the screen? Fonzie still climbs well, it doesn't seam to be an issue, but they are really short. I don't know what exactly caused it!?!?:confused:

-Jay

sometimes he will loose his grip on the mesh and drop, catching himself on the tree branches lower down.

mo'o has a nail bent back, it doesnt bother him but should i remove it the toe looks healthy but the nail is turning black.

Back
Top Bottom