Chameleon Poop 101

No fecal test yet. He's captive bred from a well known breeder so🤞 he's g2g. I do have an exotic vet right down the street if need be.
Just keep in mind parasites can come in on insects you feed off after in your care too. But all looks well with that sample. Nothing at all I would stop and be concerned over. When they are runny then that is a sign something is off.

Not normal at all! you need to get him drinking normally add a dripper to the top of the cage and get a fecal tested with the vet.
I have a dripper set up but he doesn’t seem to like it. I also have a mister.
Besides the orange color does it look like there is something really bad going on? I’m worried🥺

Could it be something with the UVB light? I didn’t realize that mine wasn’t making UVB anymore so I’m switching it out but could that cause this issue?

I have a dripper set up but he doesn’t seem to like it. I also have a mister.
Besides the orange color does it look like there is something really bad going on? I’m worried🥺

Could it be something with the UVB light? I didn’t realize that mine wasn’t making UVB anymore so I’m switching it out but could that cause this issue?

Got a vet appointment but the soonest they had was October 30th.
I would post your own thread so you can receive full feedback. Need to look at specific husbandry. Hydration is very specific for how you want to provide it. It could be your misting sessions are not long enough to trigger a drinking response. But the risk with you syringe training him is that he will become dependent on this method and you. But the concern I see is the red tint and the amount of mucous. If it has an odor that is another sign of a parasite issue. The mucous is as well. A fecal test would be a first step with a vet.

Back
Top Bottom