Chameleon sleeping during daytime

jackwood775

Hi, I bought my panther chameleon last month ago and he’s seemed to have settled it, but rarely I see him sleeping during the day, and today I’ve spotted him doing it again, is this anything to be concerned about?

Please post some pics of the chameleon and your set up including lights. Unfortunately closing their eyes during the day is not a good thing at all. Also what supplements are you dusting your feeders with?

Please post some pics of the chameleon and your set up including lights. Unfortunately closing their eyes during the day is not a good thing at all. Also what supplements are you dusting your feeders with?
IMG_4224.jpeg
He has a 24w 5.0 t5ho uvb, and I have a 50w basking bulb.I use calcium without d3 every feeding, calcium with d3 2 times a month, and bee pollen liek 3 times a month. Gutlloaded crickets aswell with jelly pots.

That all looks good except is there any vitamin in the calcium with d3 you are using? They need a vit supplement 2x a month as well.

Also be careful with the bee pollen. I am not fluent on why but you can give too much to chameleons. Hopefully someone familiar with it will chime in if you are over supplementing with it. I don’t use it for dusting, it’s in my gutload.

I would get Repashy or a Vit A to add to your supplement schedule. What is your temps and humidity. Also how old is your uvb bulb. Is he getting 3uvi for sure?
Well It’s hard to measure since I don’t have a uvb reader, but his uvb I renewed this month, his basking temp can vary between 28c-32c and the rest of the cage would be room temp so 20c-24c. His daytime humity is between 55-70, and night time would be 70+.

Reptivite with d3 is also a good dust that I think has the vitamin in it. You want preformed vit a if you are buying that separately from the d.

Well It’s hard to measure since I don’t have a uvb reader, but his uvb I renewed this month, his basking temp can vary between 28c-32c and the rest of the cage would be room temp so 20c-24c. His daytime humity is between 55-70, and night time would be 70+.
That sounds good too if the distance is 8-9 in from uvb bulb. The rest is good as well. 32 is a bit high end but I would drop max down 3 degrees ish.

That sounds good too if the distance is 8-9 in from uvb bulb. The rest is good as well. 32 is a bit high end but I would drop max down 3 degrees ish.
It rarely gets to that temp it’s only when my heating is on which is never. The top branch is 6-7inches away from the uvb. Is there anything I should do except from getting him some multivitamins?

Hi there welcome to the forum. So I would get a multivitamin with D3 and A. My preferred supplement for this is Repashy calcium plus LoD version. You would give this 2 times a month on say the 1st and the 15th. You would no longer give the calcium with D3.

May I see a few pics of your chameleon? Is he sleeping like mid day or just bedding down a few hours before lights kick off?

Hi there welcome to the forum. So I would get a multivitamin with D3 and A. My preferred supplement for this is Repashy calcium plus LoD version. You would give this 2 times a month on say the 1st and the 15th. You would no longer give the calcium with D3.

May I see a few pics of your chameleon? Is he sleeping like mid day or just bedding down a few hours before lights kick off?
Well I’m nkt to sure since I was at work, I got back home at 4-5pm and he was asleep but kept opening his eye when I shined a light at him since I was checking if he was sleeping or not. His lights turn off at 9pm. I only have a picture of him asleep right now.
image.jpg

Well I’m nkt to sure since I was at work, I got back home at 4-5pm and he was asleep but kept opening his eye when I shined a light at him since I was checking if he was sleeping or not. His lights turn off at 9pm. I only have a picture of him asleep right now.View attachment 359493
Take some pics for me tomorrow. Note they do better with normal sunrise to sunset lighting. I typically run my lighting 7am-6:30pm. My boy still beds down earlier though normally around 5.

Take some pics for me tomorrow. Note they do better with normal sunrise to sunset lighting. I typically run my lighting 7am-6:30pm. My boy still beds down earlier though normally around 5.
I’ll make sure to change the timings tomorrow and to order the vitamins tommorw, just to make sure I use it in replace of the calcium with d3, and use two times a month right? And is it this one?

Attachments

• IMG_4275.png
    IMG_4275.png
    335.1 KB · Views: 2
I’ll make sure to change the timings tomorrow and to order the vitamins tommorw, just to make sure I use it in replace of the calcium with d3, and use two times a month right? And is it this one?
That is the one! And correct replace your d3 and just do that 2x a month. Your plain calcium still ever feeding. 🙂Beman is one of the best your in good hands with her.

Back
Top Bottom