Chameleon stays in one spot?

nj011908

I have a new panther, he had done trouble getting here in the mail,but is otherwise doing healthy thing like eating and drinking and moving around, but than just hangs out in the to back Corner and doesn't move till the afternoon misting, its this normal, occasionally he goes to the uvb basking spot and then back to his corner heat spot again

How long have you had him? He may just be adapting and just doesn't feel secure enough to expose himself more to the front of the cage.

Yeah I think he's just shy for now. Make sure you don't handle him for awhile and try hand feeding so you'll gain his trust.

then back to his corner heat spot again

A lizard that sits under the heat spot all day is a lizard that is trying unsuccessfully to raise his body temperature as warm as his instinct is telling him to raise it.

If that is what your chameleon is doing, my advice is to increase the heat a bit and observe to see if his behavior changes...

Yeah I think he's just shy for now. Make sure you don't handle him for awhile and try hand feeding so you'll gain his trust.

he hand feeds every morning since day one, at first he would eat one from my hand and then wait for the cup, today he ate two crickets from my hand :eek:

Back
Top Bottom