Chameleons are not toys

That was so stupid! Things like this are ruining the reptile hobby. Just because some jerk had $200 to waste doesnt mean he should have a chameleon. These should be PERMIT animals. Im getting so sick of the way animals are treated! Breeders please screen all of your live sales. Do a background check or whatever. PLease!!! I hate seeing this stuff!

i feel sorry for tht cham because it has a higher chance of getting parasites from riding tht chicken and if u hate them so much report there youtube profile like i did

I'll note that no laws were broken so there's not going to be any action taken against the kids...we can hate it, but it's not actionable.

Eliza... don't say no laws were broken. We have no idea what the laws are there because they are all diffrent from country to country, state to state and locallity to locallity. I do know if they lived where I am there would be several charges that would have already been filed and a hearing for removal would be happening very quickly.

Eliza... don't say no laws were broken. We have no idea what the laws are there because they are all diffrent from country to country, state to state and locallity to locallity. I do know if they lived where I am there would be several charges that would have already been filed and a hearing for removal would be happening very quickly.

What laws might those be?

I'll be honest, I suspect it will be easier to find laws protecting the chicken than the chameleon in this instance. England has a lot of laws on how farm chickens have to be treated. One of them is that the bird cannot be subjected to undue stress....attaching a reptile to its back would seem to be stressful.

However, I'm reasonably sure that the laws are written to allow for teaching your pets tricks. As much as we might dislike what was done, in a court of law, I'm quite sure the case could be made that the animals had been introduced to this slowly, that they were accustomed to it, that it did not cause actual harm to either animal.

I honestly cannot imagine anywhere that would allow for legal removal of a pet simply because the owner behaved poorly with it. As long as it's fed and provided reasonable care, owners have considerable leeway in how they treat their pets. I personally am appalled by people who paint their poodles...but it's legal.

That was so stupid! Things like this are ruining the reptile hobby. Just because some jerk had $200 to waste doesnt mean he should have a chameleon. These should be PERMIT animals. Im getting so sick of the way animals are treated! Breeders please screen all of your live sales. Do a background check or whatever. PLease!!! I hate seeing this stuff!

So now you want the actions of these people to affect ANYONE interested in buying a chameleon? (note that I also voiced my frustration with this video earlier in the thread) but "background checks" for prospective owners? I know that I'm getting myself in deep here.... but thats like saying that each of us should be checked against a sex offender list before having the right to purchase a roll of duct tape. Wether we like it or not....you can't regulate everything.

So now you want the actions of these people to affect ANYONE interested in buying a chameleon? (note that I also voiced my frustration with this video earlier in the thread) but "background checks" for prospective owners? I know that I'm getting myself in deep here.... but thats like saying that each of us should be checked against a sex offender list before having the right to purchase a roll of duct tape. Wether we like it or not....you can't regulate everything.
I'm not sure the comparison of a chameleon -> reptiles then sex offender -> duct tape is the best comparison, however, I'm sure we understand the gist of your statement.. I hope.

haha i know.. thats the thing about metaphors... sometimes they dont come out quite right. But I think everyone will understand, I'm not literally comparing sex offenders to chameleon care, Just the unnecessary regulations that could be imposed on the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom