Chameleons in Bougainvilleas

what kind of plant is that ? are the flowers safe for chams to eat? i got a hibicus tree recently and my veild loves the flowers on it.

what kind of plant is that ? are the flowers safe for chams to eat? i got a hibicus tree recently and my veild loves the flowers on it.

These are bougainvilleas and they are technically safe, although they do have thorns. And they don't do well indoors, they are a strictly outdoor-high-sunshine plant. But I love them out in my balcony and the chameleons are happy to explore them.

Your pictures are lovely. But bougainvilleas? Not me, I have had way to many thorns into me from those things. I always loved them at other peoples houses. Had them all torn out at my house, replaced them with a couple hundred orchids. I sure miss my plants up here.:(

I don't see a name for your female transvaalense? Won't you love her even if she isn't as pretty??

Your pictures are lovely. But bougainvilleas? Not me, I have had way to many thorns into me from those things. I always loved them at other peoples houses. Had them all torn out at my house, replaced them with a couple hundred orchids. I sure miss my plants up here.:(

I don't see a name for your female transvaalense? Won't you love her even if she isn't as pretty??

I have roses too; What we put up with for pretty flowers! Honestly though, my plants are still small, so they don't have very many thorns. I can re-pot them without any injuries!

Well, do I get to name her or you, since she's yours? lol

Oh no, you're allergic to them? That's a shame, they are beautiful flowers. And make excellent hedges since they're thorny. I love the orange ones the most too, and finally found a great looking orange one to go with all my pink ones and I love it.

I have had one form or another at every house I have lived at since i was a child and it was always my job to pick up the trimmings:( When stuck I get horrible welts that burn and itch:mad::mad: But, they are pretty and I love the orange ones there are also pretty rare gold and white ones that are really cool. I have one very unique one that I couldn't bring myself to remove so I left it and pay someone to trim it:eek: But when we bought the house we are in now we had some 20+ y/o ones that were as tall as the two story house....but we had;)

I am right there with you Laurie;)

When I manage to buy a house I plan on lining the fence with these suckers. What's better than a flowery, pretty, thorny hedge to keep people out of your yard? I come from a culture where your properly is fully walled to keep people out, and I still find it unusual that houses here are in the middle of an open lot, where anyone can walk right up. Or at the very minimum, have a little chainlink or picket fence around the back yard. And I can't stand it! lol

Back
Top Bottom