Chams & Windows

TiffanyMariexo

Would a cage by a window be bad ! Put Pascal infront of the window but wondering if the busy sights "birds,cars etc" stress him out ? Or maybe a draft that I can't feel but is so low and bothering him ?

Would a cage by a window be bad ! Put Pascal infront of the window but wondering if the busy sights "birds,cars etc" stress him out ? Or maybe a draft that I can't feel but is so low and bothering him ?

I have my cage in a corner with windows on both sides. It hasn't caused any problems but then again, the sight is my backyard so there aren't any cars driving by. Personally I think that might stress him out if there was too much business outside. :)

excessive activity might be a problem... both of mine have limited viewing out a window but just of the side yard.. they seem to enjoy it!

IMO it all depend on the character of the panther and the way he raised. My panther seems don't mind busy trafic at all. Unless the cage is opened and many new faces staring and approaching. :)

I would be more concerned with making sure that sunlight isn't too strong through the glass. It can magnify the heat and cause serious issues with humidity and dehydration.

My pair of veileds are by a big floor to ceiling window.

Its not to busy, sometimes people walk by, but for the most part its birds and squirrels.

I put both my Chams by the window , about a third of the cage is looking down at the parking lot. So they are not on the direct sunlight and can move away from the window

Because I rent apartments, the views usually point to one parking lot or another. So when I had outdoor cages they almost always looked over a parking lot or another common area, like the pool. None seemed bothered by the activity, but perhaps it's because we're on a 2nd story and everything happens below.

That said, and as a frienddly reminder to anyone reading, UVB does not pass through glass. :) So windows are not a good subsitute for a UVB bulb, regardless of how much sunshine you think is coming in.

It's like his own tv lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 195
My chameleons flex is next to a window but not against one, there're a lot of gardens outside, the occasional car maybe 3 times a day, lots of dogs.
It hasn't caused any health problems at all, Pascal likes to watch the sunset and generally sleeps as close to the window as he can get, he also likes to bask in the sunlight that hits his flex for a few hours a day, so i see it as beneficial. If i take him out of his flex he will happily sit on the ornament on the window ledge for ages.

Back
Top Bottom