Chaneleon likes to be held..?

BClizzi

My chameleon lizzy seems to enjoy being handled. I have not heared of one that likes it but she turns very bright and her blue and orange comes out. She seems to like being on my shoulders and arms. Am i mistaken? Do i need to add a picture of her not on me and on me?

A picture would be ok. Also could you post one of your setup? They like shoulders, arms and heads because they are higher up

My chameleon Vulcan loves to be held he always runs right up my hand and will climb up my arm and sit on my shoulder and his colors get really bright when I hold him :)

I will have to say though, Stark enjoys his cage (I think) but ever since he got his first taste of being out, many times when I open the door he comes right out

Actually, you are misinterpreting the meaning of "bright" color. Color change is triggered by stress, both good and bad. Your chams are stimulated by being out of their territory and by being handled by a large odd-looking intruder. They may not be horribly upset by it, but bright color doesn't really mean "like it". We know that some chams tolerate handling better than others. I'd say your chams are reacting to the handling by getting more aware, excited, and possibly feeling a moderate level of stress. If your cham was totally cool about it they wouldn't change color much at all.

1476233030276-1332164971.jpg 1476233075913-681279223.jpg 1476233334450-1742789547.jpg

I agree with Carlton to some extent. I am not necessarily saying they are anxious or stressed, but bright colors don't necessarily mean happiness, in fact it usually means the opposite. When a male shows bright colors it's usually to scare off competition. The reason she may not like being in her cage is its not exactly chameleon friendly, not enough foliage at all and definitely not enough horizontal branches.

If you don't give her the correct environment to lay in, she will not lay. And chameleons are notoriously picky, which meanshould she will likely become egg bound and die.

Back
Top Bottom