Color predictions?

symphonica

I know that these guys are always changing their colors as they grow, and that they don't achieve their adult colors until about 18 months, but I was wondering if anybody might be able to give me ideas on what color he'll be when full grown. He's about 9 months now, I think - confirming age with the breeder now.

Here are pictures of him, his sire, and his brother. Will mine's green likely turn into yellow? I'm assuming the blue will stay as is? And the red?

My guy
cham.jpg

His sire
dad.jpg

His brother
bro.jpg

Well they all look completely different, with yours being my favorite! He is just beautiful!. I don't think his colors will totally flip and he will end up looking like his sire or anything like that, but I mean you never know. I have seen a few on here who have totally and completely changed their color scheme but they do tend to stay pretty much the way they are in general. Their colors just may get more intense as they mature..

Thanks Is the color difference between chams with the same sire due to the color of their dams, then? I'm sure there are more dominant colors? Could clutch mates look completely different, or are they mostly similar? Correction: that's his half-brother (same sire, different dam).

I like both the sire and his half-brother. I used to be a blue fan, but I think I'm now liking the yellows and reds.

Well seems to me that he could still be a half and half. Red barred/blue barred. His colors can go either way. He's beautiful! :)

Last edited:
Thank you. Most of his siblings seem to have very little blue/green, and be primarily red/yellow, so I was wondering if mine got his color from his mom.

Only time will tell but he looks fantastic now! My guess is maybe the red will turn yellow or just get a bit brighter.

Thanks! I actually just purchased his half-brother (same sire). He's the same age, but he's only red and yellow.

YA, I would not want him to change at all beautiful array of all colors!!! Will only get better. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom